Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Wiki Updates: Fashion on Item Pages

Hey All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that (as per a forum request) I have added a new section to all item pages in the wiki ... or at least all item pages that have matching screenshots on their fashion category.

If an item has one or more of such "matching" (ie. same fashion category and same tint category) screenshots, a "Fashion/Appearance" section will be added to the item's page, and it will list (by gender/race) links for all available screenshots for that item. When you mouse-over or click on the links, the screenshot will appear.

This is all new and may have bugs so PLEASE PM me or post back here if you see anything off.

(Also, because of the way the wiki caches stuff, you may not see these changes immediately. To force a refresh in Chrome hit F12 to open your dev tools, click and hold on the refresh button, and pick "Empty cache and hard reload"; after the page reloads you can hit F12 again to lose the dev tools.)

In other news, with Green coming I strongly encourage all wiki editors to review http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Era_Templates. This page lists the three templates for every era (one's for adding to a whole page, one's for adding to a single item "inline", and one's super-short and designed to be used in tables). There's still a lot of era-less content in the wiki that needs your help!

Finally, for anyone who hasn't noticed, all NPC pages, and all "where to buy item ___" tables, should now be displaying "loc maps" (ie. maps with red Xs at the loc ... if their associated zone has been "loc mapped"). Hopefully this will make it easier for people to find NPCs (especially vendors).

If you want to add your own "loc map links" to the wiki, it's easy to do so. Just use the new "loc" template, eg.:

Code:
{{loc|Ak'Anon|772, 159}}
That will generate a link "Ak'Anon (772, 159)", and when you mouse-over or click on it it will show a map of Ak'Anon with a red X on it (at about 772, 159). If you want custom text you can instead do:

Code:
{{loc|Ak'Anon|772, 159| Loom in Ak'Anon}}
That will generate the same map link, but the text will be "Loom in Ak'Anon".

Happy wiki-ing (and Everquest-ing) everyone!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-14-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Old 09-14-2019, 01:57 PM
Orc

Thank you!
Closed Thread