Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

You people need to stop throwing around the word 'exploit'.

It's not exploiting anything if the spawnrates are turned up. You're just killing mobs.

It's not going to ruin any economy. Sheesh.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like a guy who doesnt know to leverage 1 min spawns to break the economy
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

it's not classic, so much for an "everquest museum"
Old 10-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

I think increased spawn rates in noob zones is a good thing. However I like the classic solution more.

The classic resolution to this issue though was server splits. If classic is really seeing 2000+ simultaneous users, a server split to get back down to 1000 I think would be the best solution. Possibly re-merging it around Kunark era once there’s a huge influx of zones/space to spread out.

However this of course has the downside of requiring additional server hardware. Which may not be possible.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think increased spawn rates in noob zones is a good thing. However I like the classic solution more.

The classic resolution to this issue though was server splits. If classic is really seeing 2000+ simultaneous users, a server split to get back down to 1000 I think would be the best solution. Possibly re-merging it around Kunark era once there’s a huge influx of zones/space to spread out.

However this of course has the downside of requiring additional server hardware. Which may not be possible.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

repurpose red, not like anyone plays there
Old 10-16-2019, 11:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos Hills is not a good choice for increased spawns. There is to much there that is exploitable. Yes the it's the Surefall newbie yard but druids and rangers can and should go to NQ until 4 anyway.

Here's a list of exploitable things in the Qeynos Hills:
1. Rabid wolfs - quest Exp and PP
2. Rabid bears - quest Exp and PP
3. Putrid Skeletons - quest Exp and PP
4. Pyzjin - High value classic drop level 13 mob. Placeholder could be a level 25. but that's not a huge blocker
5. Hadden - High value classic drop level 28 mob. original spawn time is 6 hours this is brought down to around 1 hour with increased spawns.
6. Jagged Pine Crook. Increased spawns turn this into a decent exploitable cash farm.
7. Across all newbie yards with skeletons this is going to tank the bone chip market. And lets not forget that a couple bags of bone chips will get any new player to level 12 with the Kaladim quest.

A small group of dedicated players could drive the economy of the server into the ground for first month just hanging out in the Hills.

And lets not forget the 6 minute bard diet becomes the minute bard diet from levels 20 to 34. Possibly 12 to 34 as there are various reports of West Karana spawns being increased. Butcherblock dwarfs now are 1 minute spawns that are quad kiteable.

There are some zones that need increased spawns. Gfay, Toxx. But the fact is that most newbie zones are also high level xp spots for things like bard and guard killing. one could do bards to 34 in an insanely short time and then move to any of the guard spots. We'll have multiple 50's on the server within the first week.

I think the Devs have to assume that people are going to exploit this increased spawns. I think only way prevent the worst of the exploiting is to:
1. reduce it from 5x to 1.5 or 2x.
2. Removal of the bards, were their quests even classic launch?
3. Guard buff. All guards get summoning until increased spawns end.
4. auto kill some of the exploitable quest NPCs as they spawn until spawn rate normalizes. This sucks but might be needed. Yes some people will bank the drops but most of the items are not stack-able or lore.
5. Dynamic spawn rate increase. If a newbie zone gets to many people increase spawn rate to 2x/3x/4x/5x. depending on number of players. Say 30/60/90/120. as people level and move out of zones the spawns will normalize and make people not want to stay and exploit.

Just some thoughts
So much of this is just plain factually incorrect the rest is hardly worth addressing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So much of this is just plain factually incorrect the rest is hardly worth addressing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok. i'd like see some factual corrections.

Fact is bard npcs that exist in a increased spawn newbie yard are on ~1 min timers. that covers 20 to 34. Some people have reported WK as having increased spawns as well which may be a bug as GM did state WK was not suppose to be increased. WK covers 12 to 20 bard leveling. A group of druids/necros/mages at 34 can start then killing ~1 min guard spawns in several zones, Misty, FP, BB.

Fact Feerott/Qeynos sewer spectres are in zones that have increased spawns. Sewers spectres drop a incredible pre planar rogue dagger as well.

Fact is you can right now log into green beta and make 100pp + an hour killing a level 4 mob that spawns in the same place every ~80 seconds. there are 2 or 3 of these lvl 4 wolf spots in the Hills that's 300pp/hr entering the economy within the first couple minutes of the server being up.

Fact from sun down to sun up Pyzjin will have a 5x more likely chance of spawning due to 5x as many spawns happening. The GBS is an incredibly high value classic item.

Fact Hadden being ~1hr spawn time will be a highly contested spawn. and the FBE which is a high value classic item will flood the server.

Fact several people have reported making 80+pp/hr doing jagged pine crooks.

The influx of low level plat will have a huge impact on the economy of the game. There will be little to spend money on early on but that cash will be horded.

Blacksmiths will make out like bandits because of the amount of plat players will have at low levels and the fact that they will need banded.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

I hope this is used only for at most the first few hours of launch to get beyond the initial crush , but that’s it. This is the one opportunity to force players out into the obscure corners of the world to xp. I want to see lowbies hunting in kithicor , not huddled around insta spawns in misty.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope this is used only for at most the first few hours of launch to get beyond the initial crush , but that’s it. This is the one opportunity to force players out into the obscure corners of the world to xp. I want to see lowbies hunting in kithicor , not huddled around insta spawns in misty.
It's probably going to be in effect for opening weekend, but I am sure they will monitor it and adjust as needed. The admins would rather have a few people like you with obscure complaints about why increased spawn rate is bad, than have 90% of the server bitching about there not being enough spawns.

Have some faith.
Closed Thread