Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think he ever mentioned leveling at 50 but that's even more ridiculous since it's a year away and you have Lower Guk, Sol B, guards, various NPCs, plus the entire continent to Kunark to exp in. Call me crazy but I don't think we should launch a new server now just because we might have some overpopulation a year from now in Kunark (we won't).

If you meant 40-50, I already mentioned this is probably the most restrictive level range in the game. But the nice thing about EQ is that the primary focus isn't just hitting max level to raid, so you're going to have the entire player base leveling up at all kinds of different rates. Some people will take a year to get to 20, some people will be 40 in a couple of weeks. This natural spreading of the population will provide a consistent flow of players into the high level hunting areas until they reach 50 and exit the leveling experience.

It's difficult to predict what the populations will be in Lower Guk and Sol B in a few months, but I don't think there's a strong argument for launching a new server now just because a couple dungeons might get a little too full for a few weeks.
Yeah I agree the whole "well when two thousand people are 45 in X months, it will be crowded" has zero relevance right now. Like the staff said, they could consider taking another poll in the future if needed. Right now, the population is actually a positive since all over Norrath you can find groups and now that people are spread out it's easy to find mobs everywhere to solo too. If, in however many months we still have two thousand people and everyone is level 45-50 and it's causing problems, then we can reconsider a server split then.

There's literally no reason to split a server because you think there might
be problems months down the road at end game. Wait until we get there and then decide. If, as Deathrydar has claimed, it's so easy just to split the servers then there should be no issue with waiting to see what happens since we can easily solve the problem if one arises in the later levels.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At prime time last night it was barely over 2k.

At any rate, you're the only person who is claiming it's tough to find spawns at this point.
I'll correct this for you: I am the only one on these forums that claims that. Clearly you do not understand that no much of the actual population frequent these forums, and that's a good thing too. We do not need the majority of the server's population subjected to people like you!
Old 11-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll correct this for you: I am the only one on these forums that claims that. Clearly you do not understand that no much of the actual population frequent these forums, and that's a good thing too. We do not need the majority of the server's population subjected to people like you!
Currently active users in the middle of the day on the forums: ~550

Total members of the forums: 131,482

Active members of the forums: 10,340

Hmm....something about your statement doesn't add up there boss
Old 11-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently active users in the middle of the day on the forums: ~550

Total members of the forums: 131,482

Active members of the forums: 10,340

Hmm....something about your statement doesn't add up there boss
I'm just gonna leave this here.......unbelievable.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just gonna leave this here.......unbelievable.
Lol. So you try and make an argument based on nothing. Are shown facts to disprove said argument and then try and like verbally roll your eyes? The forums have more "active" members than the average prime time population of all 3 servers combined lol

No one is complaining about population anymore because it's not currently an issue. Where are you trying to XP that you think population is a problem? What zone(s)? What level are your characters currently?

If population size becomes an issue once the majority of the server hits level 45-50 in a few months, I'm sure the staff will consider running another poll. However, by then maybe it also won't be an issue because people will have decided they don't want to go through the EQ grind. Right now though, everyone is so spread out that it's not really an issue, but if you think it is provide some examples of what you're experiencing.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

7:20 eastern on a Friday and 1900 online
Old 11-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Banned

teal
Old 11-01-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

VOTED YES FROM THE STAAAART
Old 11-01-2019, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Lol Teal. Start your engines and dual box with a toon on Green + Teal. You thought the healer was always AFK in your group? You ain't seen nothin' yet.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

A second green server is not a smart move.