Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you mean blue. it all goes back into blue at the end.
Who cares about then.

It's like how all of your Path of Exile loot and characters get transferred over to Standard once the League is over. Nobody cares at that point. Most players won't ever touch their Standard characters.

The fun part is making currency and leveling up characters in a current "league". In this case, the current "league" is a server that will go for some years before merging with blue. So obviously I should be dual-boxing on Teal and Green so that when they merge, I'll have the most currency and character levels on Green compared to if I was only playing on Green.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Can a staff member confirm if boxing on green and teal is going to be allowed? Letting folks double down in manabone list seems retarded.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well considering green and teal are the same server split in two id assume it isnt allowed...and it shouldnt be and we all know why.
I don't. Go slow, I'm old. What about doing even maximum 2-boxing with Teal/Green *actually* hurts anything in any meaningful sense, other than "its something I think shouldn't happen".
Old 11-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't. Go slow, I'm old. What about doing even maximum 2-boxing with Teal/Green *actually* hurts anything in any meaningful sense, other than "its something I think shouldn't happen".
Basically the only complaint 80-90% of people really had about blue was how top heavy it was. A minority of players had lots of accounts, lots of alts, lots of plat and gear. They dominated all the raid content to the point the casual folks never got to see it, finish epics, etc. They uber twinked alts and disrupted the low-level grouping gameplay. Etc.

Splitting green, allowing boxing, and then merging will give the same sort of people who made blue top heavy an extra mechanic to take advantage of to bring about a similar state of affairs on green even faster than it would come about anyways.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-04-2019 at 12:01 PM..
Old 11-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically the only complaint 80-90% of people really had about blue was how top heavy it was. A minority of players had lots of accounts, lots of alts, lots of plat and gear. They dominated all the raid content to the point the casual folks never got to see it, finish epics, etc. They uber twinked alts and disrupted the low-level grouping gameplay. Etc.

Splitting green, allowing boxing, and then merging will give the same sort of people who made blue top heavy an extra mechanic to take advantage of to bring about a similar state of affairs on green even faster than it would come about anyways.

You're right, it won't. Pre-merge it doesn't matter, and post you can't play both chars at the same time.

And let's take it from the other direction; do you think prohibiting boxing will prevent *ANY* of that? Really? Given the people that would do it to provide those alleged downsides would do it anyway. It'll be slower, ... maybe? (as yet unproven), but you mentioned it happened on blue, so ...
Last edited by Frug; 11-04-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Old 11-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a staff member confirm if boxing on green and teal is going to be allowed? Letting folks double down in manabone list seems retarded.
Not staff but i am doing it right now its allowed
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

you guys are complaining about this but we have always been able to do this Can play red and blue at the same time no issues can play green and blue at the same time can play red and green at the sametime when teal merges with green It wont allow boxing

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're referring to economics, to me the biggest concern is duplication of plat. Now, I'm obviously not saying that an eventual Green server merged back with Teal will be like Blue inflation level after a year of being separate. But there's certainly an ability to farm lots of plat in the pre-Kunark area through a multitude of cash camps (to say nothing of the camps that aren't necessarily in the top tier of cash camps, but also supply a decent amount).

Since EQ is of course an old game, there aren't really many money sinks at all since the devs never thought of it and didn't anticipate the game even being around enough for inflation to be a big problem. I think anything that moves us further down the road to inflation faster than we otherwise would is simply a bad thing overall.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're referring to economics, to me the biggest concern is duplication of plat. Now, I'm obviously not saying that an eventual Green server merged back with Teal will be like Blue inflation level after a year of being separate. But there's certainly an ability to farm lots of plat in the pre-Kunark area through a multitude of cash camps (to say nothing of the camps that aren't necessarily in the top tier of cash camps, but also supply a decent amount).

Since EQ is of course an old game, there aren't really many money sinks at all since the devs never thought of it and didn't anticipate the game even being around enough for inflation to be a big problem. I think anything that moves us further down the road to inflation faster than we otherwise would is simply a bad thing overall.
If blue continued and green/teal didn't happen...a lot of players would be farming plat on blue anyway, inflation overall doesn't stop. Have some perspective. I'm now farming plat on green instead of blue, and my characters roll into the blue economy in 980ish days.

If you're some blue tunnel fat cat concerned about his plat hoard, your currency is already dead.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

I think you should not be able to play green and teal simultaneously.
Closed Thread