Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 07:43 AM
Large Bat

Default Train To Zone!!! Can they be banned?

So I am ending my night with a group camping throne room in crushbone. We had lost two members, and I was about to log off myself, so we moved out to bridge. I had just turned over leadership, after recruiting people to come to bridge and join up so they could move back into camp. When two players arrived, I left the party so they could join.

Before leaving the group, I did a /who on a red con. It was a level 36 player who I wont name, in a guild I don't want to shame... I asked this player why he was trying to join the list for a TR group. He replied for belts. I mentioned they wouldn't gain exp with him. and he said "f*ck your list" and proceeded to run into TR and up the tower. He shouts " I am king of crushbone" and proceeds to pull everything in the tower and throne room straight to my old group on the bridge...

I normally would not say anything or rant about trains in a high pop place like CB, but this was completely on purpose and unprovoked. I understand GM's have their hands full right now, and that the game usually polices itself, but is there anything that can be done to prevent players from trolling like this?

PS I have a screenshot of the full conversation, including people complaining about the train he pulled, if it really mattered....
Old 11-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Petition Forums.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Why would you make this thread if you don't want to name and shame?
Old 11-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like he was trying to find out the right way to take care of it. So he came here.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Petition Forums.
^this.

Put it in the petition forums with your screenshots and earn him a vacation so he has time to think about what he's done.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Since he shouted that he was king of crushbone I think technicallly it's OK
Old 11-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am new to p1999, so I dont know how things get handled here. I remember in 1999/2000 when I played live, the community was close and doing something like this on purpose would make you well known on the server for all the wrong reasons. Likely you and your guild could be excluded from parties and raids in the future...

That being said, if there is a better way to do it, like petition as mentioned... Then I will do that and the player will hopefully be punished alone without shaming his well known guild! Thank you for the quick responses guys!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember in 1999/2000 when I played live, the community was close and doing something like this on purpose would make you well known on the server for all the wrong reasons.
Idk how the dude's supposed to become "well known on the server for all the wrong reasons" if you're trying to protect their identity.

It was Tilleas, wasn't it?
Old 11-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Need a name and a guild so we know who to shame sir
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Shouldn't be very difficult to figure who is it not many people over level 30 at this point just make a /who all 30 40
Closed Thread