Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Default How will raiding work on Green/Teal?

Are there any plans to improve the end-game raiding scene on these expansions? Such as instances raiding or lockouts? Or do people actually like the FTE Special Olympics race because "it's classic"? That is the one thing I never could understand about Blue, nor can I find any real why the player base tolerates it. Doesn't seem like anyone actually enjoys the raid scene.

Sorry if this is a repeat of a discussion that's already been had.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

if you have to ask you're not going to get to raid on this server
Old 11-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

One guild will rise to the top play 16 hours a day and lock all content down until the whining on the forums gets too loud then a welfare system will be put in place where your 50-80 man guild will rotate with other equal sized guilds for your 1 raid mob a month.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromgard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nor can I find any real why the player base tolerates it. Doesn't seem like anyone actually enjoys the raid scene.
They tolerate it because they have no choice in the matter if they want to play here at all. The players don't make the rules.

Danth
Old 11-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Aviak

There is only 1 solution. But as always it falls to deaf ears.....

PvP enable raid zones. Problem solved. No more lawyer questing.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

EQ raiding is shit anyways, all about the journey to near raid then alt game+.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you have to ask you're not going to get to raid on this server
I'm fully aware of that, hence the question. I've reached level 60 on both Blue and Red and quit shortly thereafter due to no ability to participate in end game.

I've rather enjoyed the instance mechanic on the new official DBG TLPs, although it does water down things quite a bit and ultimately shortens the lifespan of the servers. However, I imagine there is a happy medium somewhere.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

The special olympics race/ fte msg system that happens on blue is highly un-classic. The majority of servers had a rotation list for raid mobs in the classic through velious era.

Hope they make green/teal closer to classic in this way as well!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Server GM

Current rules on blue as of now. Open to discussion and changes in the future. I'm just worried if there are enough slots for plane of sky.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current rules on blue as of now. Open to discussion and changes in the future. I'm just worried if there are enough slots for plane of sky.
Are there any ideas which have been said which you guys are outright NOT open to so we can limit the discussion? I assume you've considered instanced raiding?