Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks to all the volunteer effort (especially from Mauxe) the wiki now has the locs mapped for thirty different zones! And that includes most, but not all city zones (at least out of the ones with viable maps ... I'm looking at you Freeport [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

There's still almost two days left (the challenge ends tomorrow night at midnight-ish), and if anyone's still interested in earning some plat the following city zones still need mapping:
  • Neriak (all three zones are needed; perfect for one person to take)
  • Paineel
  • Erudin (currently there are three maps for two zones, so whoever takes this one will have to combine two of the existing maps into one image, in some sort of graphics program like Photoshop or Gimp, and then upload that image to the wiki, separately from the existing zone images, and use it as the image for the loc mapping)
  • Firiona Vie (we have the larger zone map done, but we still also need the smaller, city-specific map done)

If someone takes Neriak, and a second person wants to take Paineel and Firiona Vie but isn't good with graphics programs (and so can't do Erudin), I'll let that person submit one non-city zone as their third zone (to make things even).

Don't miss your chance to help out the wiki and earn up to 1.7k!

P.S. If there are any amateur cartographers out there who are interested in creating new loc-accurate maps for any of the zones that currently lack them (/cough Freeport) PM me. I might still have a little plat left in the bank to offer as a (small) reward for your efforts.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-13-2019 at 11:01 AM..
Old 07-16-2019, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Well, the challenge is now over, but it was quite a success: I gave out over 8k in plat to intrepid mappers, and the wiki now has a total of 31 zones mapped (with more hopefully on the way thanks to the efforts of Mauxe, who has continued mapping long after he stopped being rewarded for doing so).

Thanks to everyone who participated, and to everyone else: if you ever use this feature to find an NPC, you have the people in this thread to thank for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My bank account will need some time to recover, but when it does I'll be sure to hold another contest, so keep your eyes open for it, and again thanks to all who helped the wiki!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

This is a wonderful idea, thanks so much Loramin (and everyone else who helped)!
Closed Thread