Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is TGB?
/targetgroupbuff

A way for casters to cast group buffs on other groups without leaving their current one (aka without the group buff disband dance). Will be very nice for raiding Shaman (Posion/Disease resist), Druids (Fire/Cold resist, PotG, Regen), Enchanters (Magic resist), etc.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Blue and Red are now officially on the last patch of our timeline.
Great patch! And congratulations on finally getting there after 8 years! One thing that I didn't see in the notes: isn't the 'immunities' patch pre-Luclin? That's a really important one for melee/caster balance IMO. Have you guys at least considered a 'post velious' patch with a few of the more pressing balance fixes? I kind of like the TAKP attitude where they fix a few broken things, perhaps something like making Eye of Zomm no-aggro, the real Blade of Carnage, the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl, and DoT stacking. I know, I know. I appreciate all the dev time anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue P99's new name: "Pick A Monk and Be a God Forever Server"
It definitely stops at the perfect point for the Monk class. But I think a lot of the monk op-ness actually stems from unclassic server mechanics:
  • NPCs interruptable with push (great for monks with lots of attacks and bad for knights and warriors with bash)
  • NPCs not fleeing with unaggroed companions nearby, and not very aggressively (= snare unneeded)
  • NPCs getting a new linger timer on reaggro, which trivializes FD splitting
  • FD classes getting a ~2s no-aggro window on stand that lets monks flop around anywhere
  • Increased blur chance rather than a flat 25%. This only helps monks because SK/NEC have to stand to re-FD.
If those are fixed (and if we could somehow get Eye of Zomm nerfed, which almost certainly won't happen, but I can dream) then Monks start to look a lot more mortal. Monks have been too far behind Rogues in damage anyway; Rogues blow even BIS monks out of the water by 30-40% most of the time. Monks will definitely be too tanky, but it will only be the 20 or so bushiest beards who got all of the Dozekar loot. TLDR: a White Lotus/Trorsmang monk is would be quite balanced IMO.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Large Rat

Fucking up what was a really great game!
Nothing gets more #classic than that.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Wasn't the Blackstone Maul supposed to get an upgrade as well?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Doing a search, but finding nothing; but didn't the game have different duration timers for each drink and food item, to avoid the simple milk and muffins diet by this time?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Good god, some of the suggestions for killing QoL feats I believe can't be serious. If you really want the classic experience to include all the things that made the game miserable, grab an AOL disk and bust out the 56k model with the 900x600 resolution. Code detection for anytime you use your cell phone, it'll d/c you.

Or can emulate the experience by hard-coding 900x600 only, force allow only 5% bandwidth to go through, and periodically have a 20% chance of d/c. And let bards break root with selos.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Alt-O is the default keybind to open options

BUT

I rebound alt-O to something else.

Now that the Menu Button is gone, will I ever be able to open my options in-game again? Serious question.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct - they're now available on select vendors, I added to patch notes.
Thank you for adding the Surefall Glade port spells. I cannot mem them due to the usable level being 255. Will this be fixed soon?
Old 09-08-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Is there plan to make dsetup not flagged as virus?
Old 09-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought this too, but I checked Lucy's page for it and:

(Luclin dropped December 2001)

The /targetgroupbuff release notes were:

Here's hoping we get it as custom content on Blue someday.
Speaking to Milhovic and he noted that all the early spells listed in Lucy have the 2002-03-07 11:32 Initial Entry date. Might be when Lucy was first uploaded.
Closed Thread