Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which Do You LIke Best?
the original Ranger spell list 9 19.15%
the era-colored spell list 25 53.19%
the era icon list 0 0%
9/11 was an inside job ... committed during the classic era! 13 27.66%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Default Poll: Green is Coming to the Wiki Spell Lists ... But How?

The wiki already has era information "templates". I listed them all here, but the basic idea is that you can add (say) "{{Classic Era}}" to mark a whole page as classic, or add "{{Warrens Era Inline}}" next to something in the wiki to add the text "Warrens Era" (with an era-colored background) next to it.

However, with Green coming we're going to have two different servers in two different eras, which means players will care a lot more about eras. I'm not sure those templates will be enough.

For instance, they don't work with the class spell lists: they add (say) "Kunark Era", but the spell lists say "Kun". So, I tried a couple of experiments to highlight era information more prominently, without using up much more space:
The first one keeps the three-letters, but adds a colored background (I just used the wiki's existing era color scheme: classic green, kunark brown, velious blue). It also adds "Cla" for all the Classic-era spells (the current list just leaves them blank).

The second one replaces the letters with "icons" I made from the covers of the various boxes. I really didn't want to make the spell rows take up much more vertical space, so I had to keep these icons extremely small, but hopefully they're still recognizable.

Anyhow, my question to the community is: which do you like best? Please try to be open-minded, and remember that era info will be more significant going forward. Also, if you have any further feedback, alternative ideas, etc. please provide them in the comments.

Oh, and one last thing: you'll also notice that all three versions have checkboxes to let you filter spells by era. I plan to add these to all spell lists, but to do so I need to redo those pages with new templates ... and I need the answers to this poll so I can finalize those templates first [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-08-2019 at 12:29 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Banned

classic or bust
Old 09-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I think the colors looks more in theme to the rest of the wiki

also I think there should be a 4th designation, i have this problem on other eq sites a lot

Original, but not available on launch day.

I see lots of items on alla from temple of sol ro that are maked as ORIGNINAL for example.

I think it'd be nice if you're adding this designation to all equipment on the p99, to make sure that it has a 4th "original, but not on launch day" designation.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the colors looks more in theme to the rest of the wiki

also I think there should be a 4th designation, i have this problem on other eq sites a lot

Original, but not available on launch day.

I see lots of items on alla from temple of sol ro that are maked as ORIGNINAL for example.

I think it'd be nice if you're adding this designation to all equipment on the p99, to make sure that it has a 4th "original, but not on launch day" designation.
Well, I think the jury is still out as to how much of that stuff will even be different on Green at launch. There's a possibility that Green will just launch with that stuff, making things easy for the wiki.

If that's not the case though I completely agree that we need "sub eras" for classic the way we have with sub-eras like the Warrens Era inside Kunark.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Sure sure, Im speaking to the accuracy of our records.

Green should not be the benchmark, classic accuracy should be, and future green servers should strive for it I hope! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Original is best. No need to add clutter by marking over 90% of the spells as Classic.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, no one liked my icons; guess I should have spent more time making them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] More importantly, the colored eras version has a strong lead, with the 9/11 option following it fairly close for second [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If anyone still wants to vote please do so now, and if you want to see anything else (eg. better era icons, different colors, whatever) this is your last chance to ask!

Old 09-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Aw man sorry lor 8(

I liked them, I just thought the simplicity worked best of the color font background 8(
Old 09-09-2019, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Hey,

Anything else we need to do? I'm thinking the equipment lists by slot, are these actually used? Right now the options are "All", "Velious Only", "Pre-Velious Only". I guess it would be good to have a "Classic Only" or "Pre-Kunark Only"?

Are the era templates now fairly complete on items/NPCs/quests? If so, very nice!
Old 09-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Kobold

I didn't pick the icons because they were more difficult to tell apart at a glance. Green VS Red is quick and easy. The icons were more similar to one another and therefore difficult to tell apart at a glance.
Closed Thread