Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Okay, so I was talking about this last night, but it was raining in East Freeport all night and I was hearing that rain was making it easier to see at night so I wanted to make sure it wasn't the rain.

It isn't....

The first screenshot is East Freeport sewers. It is dark. If I cast Deadeye, it improves a bit, as it should.

The second screenshot is West Freeport, at the same in game time. (These screenshots were taken a few feet from each other at the zoneline)

If I cast Deadeye in West Freeport, there is absolutely zero change. It is still a black abyss.

The West Freeport Sewers are not able to be navigated and they are NOT supposed to be THAT dark at night time. The fact that these two zones look so different leaves me to believe that something is amiss.

I hope it can be investigated and fixed. If not.....well, I hope no one has to run thru the West Freeport sewers at night time, because even with Infravision, you cannot see anything....not even the wall.

Thank you for your time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (42.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (32.3 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-16-2019 at 05:37 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 05:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verityn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't seen this mentioned yet. Kaladim has some very dark spots near the fighter's guild arena.
Please try the experimental shaders in post 103 of this thread.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, so I was talking about this last night, but it was raining in East Freeport all night and I was hearing that rain was making it easier to see at night so I wanted to make sure it wasn't the rain.

It isn't....

The first screenshot is East Freeport sewers. It is dark. If I cast Deadeye, it improves a bit, as it should.

The second screenshot is West Freeport, at the same in game time. (These screenshots were taken a few feet from each other at the zoneline)

If I cast Deadeye in West Freeport, there is absolutely zero change. It is still a black abyss.

The West Freeport Sewers are not able to be navigated and they are NOT supposed to be THAT dark at night time. The fact that these two zones look so different leaves me to believe that something is amiss.

I hope it can be investigated and fixed. If not.....well, I hope no one has to run thru the West Freeport sewers at night time, because even with Infravision, you cannot see anything....not even the wall.

Thank you for your time!
Actually, can you please also try the experimental shaders with Deadeye? There was a bug with infravision in certain indoor zones that SHOULD be fixed.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, can you please also try the experimental shaders with Deadeye? There was a bug with infravision in certain indoor zones that SHOULD be fixed.
Won't be able to do that till tomorrow, but no problem!
Old 10-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Kobold

Here is some more footage on EQ Trilogy. I got it to just stream on twitch and auto-save the videos for efficiency.

I was trying to get to oasis/west karana but both zones are actually out of order.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/495559255

Funny easter egg at 3:15. Does this happen on P99?
Old 10-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is some more footage on EQ Trilogy. I got it to just stream on twitch and auto-save the videos for efficiency.

I was trying to get to oasis/west karana but both zones are actually out of order.

The candle in your video does what I remember candles doing back in 1999. Here, it only gives a glow around your character and doesn't light anything up at all.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

It's immediately apparent that people's memories were in fact accurate and you could see--dimly--terrain/etc, especially in snow-type zones. The "pitch black as soon as you're outside the radius of your light source" effect is overdone and is more nearly similar to rain or a few of of the dark "fog" zones, both which could be quite dark. I say that as someone who approves of getting classic night time darkness correct--this is a tuning issue and with work it can be made right, I think.

Danth
Old 10-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronius of Midnight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Me want to Point out DAt NPC NAMES on green beta are Extreme BRIGHT and no like dis video!!!

**NPC names too bright on green vs classic example
Old 10-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Looks like night sight should be more like a super dark ultravision blue.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:22 PM
Kobold

I can't edit my message but with the patches on page 11 I really like it.
Closed Thread