Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

I'm seeing a delay in infravision in some places. An area can start dark and lighten as I stand there. The one that I think stands out the most is entering the Misty Thicket tunnel from Rivervale.

These were taken 1-2am game time. I ran to the tunnel, stopped moving and took two screenshots about 1.5 seconds apart. The tunnel was dark and lightened up as I stood there.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by dekova; 10-18-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seeing a delay in infravision in some places. An area can start dark and lighten as I stand there. The one that I think stands out the most is entering the Misty Thicket tunnel from Rivervale.

These were taken 1-2am game time. I ran to the tunnel, stopped moving and took two screenshots about 1.5 seconds apart. The tunnel was dark and lightened up as I stood there.
What is day time and what is night time in this game is kind of weird. By 3am the sky is definitely brighter than it is at the dead of night... I think it starts getting lighter at 2 or 3 am, but someone else can confirm. In the afternoon, it becomes dark somewhat early too.

So there is a very small chance that it was actually becoming lighter out, if you say it was 2am.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is day time and what is night time in this game is kind of weird. By 3am the sky is definitely brighter than it is at the dead of night... I think it starts getting lighter at 2 or 3 am, but someone else can confirm. In the afternoon, it becomes dark somewhat early too.

So there is a very small chance that it was actually becoming lighter out, if you say it was 2am.
The original day/night cycle had night time defined from 9pm thru 5am.

That being said, it tends to start getting dark out at 6pm and the sun starts coming up around 3am.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Orc

As a half-elf, naked with no light source, at night,
I just passed thru the tunnel from East Commons to North Ro.

There was a significant DIFFERENCE in light levels from one side to the next :
* EC side of the tunnel was quite dark, but just visible,
* NRo side was quite light.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapyong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a half-elf, naked with no light source, at night,
I just passed thru the tunnel from East Commons to North Ro.

There was a significant DIFFERENCE in light levels from one side to the next :
* EC side of the tunnel was quite dark, but just visible,
* NRo side was quite light.
Half-elf? Did you have the fixed infravision shaders from this thread? If not, it would explain the discrepancy.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half-elf? Did you have the fixed infravision shaders from this thread? If not, it would explain the discrepancy.
Ah no,
I'll look into that then, thanks.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

P99 Green:

1. Large Sewing Kit: Currently weighs 3.0 & should be 0.4 in classic
"Weight changed from 0.4 to 3.0 on 7/14/2013 patch."

2. Deluxe Sewing Kit: I'm not sure if this item was part of classic. If so, I haven't found any on the green beta server yet.

3. Cancel Magic: I believe the classic mechanic was that buffs would be cancelled from top down. I haven't tested it yet since the 50g patch but prior to that it was cancelling buffs at random.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadruid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 Green:

1. Large Sewing Kit: Currently weighs 3.0 & should be 0.4 in classic
"Weight changed from 0.4 to 3.0 on 7/14/2013 patch."

2. Deluxe Sewing Kit: I'm not sure if this item was part of classic. If so, I haven't found any on the green beta server yet.

3. Cancel Magic: I believe the classic mechanic was that buffs would be cancelled from top down. I haven't tested it yet since the 50g patch but prior to that it was cancelling buffs at random.
this is the thread for bug reports on classic lighting and darkness. This is not the thread for general green beta bugs.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

I was just watching a video from someone on the green beta and he was an erudite. The lighting was not working at all while on the boat from Erudin to Queynos. Not sure if this was addressed yet and already fixed with 50g, but it's really dark and it doesn't seem that the game recognizes your light sources.. I am going to go test it now.

EDIT: Three minutes after I posted this, I logged on my human necromancer that was at the ZL in East Karana just out of HHP. Did a /time realized it was 6pm and tried to get down the mountain. I fell off the damn ledge and died. It's DARK!
Last edited by Deathrydar; 10-19-2019 at 11:07 AM..
Old 10-19-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Was this ever reported? Player characters give off their own light, even if they are invisible. I just ran behind an invisible enchanter from one ZL of WK to the next.
Closed Thread