Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 03:45 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Roll SK or we shoot this dog!
Noooo! Not the doggos!!! Haha
Old 10-20-2019, 06:05 AM
Sarnak

Fashion quest. Picture a dark elf in full plate in classic wielding a sword of flame.

You win EQ.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Kobold

Grouping
Feign Death vs Heals- When things go bad, the FD can nearly guarantee your personal survival, but healing that enchanter/cleric might save the group.

I personally found the Heals more useful.

If healing won't help, I'd rather just try to zone out and help the group break back in to the camp.

When it comes to pulling, I prefer to just Lull and Root on resists vs Feign Death.

When a mob flees in a dungeon, root is superior to snare.

Travel
Invis- You can eventually Invis through buy cloudy potions or the items mentioned https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloudy_Potion

I personally had a easier time getting to groups in Sebilis just using the Lull line of spells VS Feign Death. I've had people express surprise when they saw me show up in their camps deep inside. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Class Special
LoH vs Harmtouch- I personally found LoH more useful, unless someone was trying to KS me. Harm Touch can be resisted, LoH can be wasted on someone who just received a Complete Heal.

LoH is more likely to save you when traveling, in groups, when solo.

Solo ability
SK's solo better outside, and the Paladin solo's better inside dungeons.

The Shadowknight can Fear kite outdoors, and the Paladin can Root/Heal indoors. It is worth noting the Paladin can do this outdoors as well, while the Shadowknight is rarely going to use Fear indoors.

The ability to Root+Heal is stronger than Dots+Lifetap+Snare.

Raiding
Shadowknights are either FD pullers or DPS.
Paladins are either backup healers or DPS.

You will occasionally find the opportunity to off tank.

I sometimes found it more effective to just sit back and heal on my Paladin in fights that have a lot of AoE damage. It's not like I'm going to out damage that rogue who needs a heal.

Races
The Shadowknight has better race choices, Ogres and Trolls are plain superior to the choices the Paladin has. The ability to Slam with a Two Handed Weapon made a big deal for me.

Since your going Human, I'd suggest a Paladin.

Note on Feign Death
I've personally had very bad luck when it comes to using this ability. Nothing like pretending to be dead, while a gang of mobs beat the crap out of you.

If your the busy type that needs to go AFK often, I'd say Shadowknights have a huge boon just through Hide and Feign Death.

I've played both to 60.
Last edited by Seungkyu; 10-20-2019 at 08:43 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Races
The Shadowknight has better race choices, Ogres and Trolls are plain superior to the choices the Paladin has.
Good post and explanation! The only thing I would disagree with is this though. Dwarf Paladin is OP and is on par with Troll/Ogre SK imo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fashion quest. Picture a dark elf in full plate in classic wielding a sword of flame.

You win EQ.
My High Elf Paladin on red has the mask and I still look way better as a high elf. Wearing the phara dar robe too to complete the avenging angel look/theme.

Speaking of Red (because we reddites need to promote it as much as we can...): The whole conversation changes when it comes to SK Vs Paladin in a pvp environment. In that arena I will fully admit the SK (especially Ogre/Troll for slam w/ two hander) is a far superior choice. Relentless offense with the constant threat of a harm touch trumps playing on the defensive where you have to constantly re-target yourself for heals. The rest of the tool box is better for pvp on the SK too.
Last edited by Palemoon; 10-20-2019 at 11:46 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Ghoul bane and prenerf bixie stinger sword.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
prenerf bixie stinger sword.
OH lol I remember the bixie stinger, was hilarious in pvp.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Pve pally
Pvp sk

Or whatever you'd rather be. Both are cool.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Kobold

All these pallies talkin' 'bout all the lives they've saved with LoH. I can't remember how many times I saved *my own* life with FD when more hit points wouldn't have done a damm thing!
Old 10-20-2019, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu3100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dawn of green is upon us! With that being said I’m still torn between the two classes I’ve settled on. Never did Qeynos before so I wanted to start a human. Class either SK or Pally, but can’t decide!

Thoughts so far:

SK - Slightly better DPS, Invis, FD!, can solo better for those times when i don’t have a lot of time to devote to a group.. but some factioning/early quest issues for easy cash/xp..

Paladin - Cool LoH group save moments, feels neat to be able to buff and heal others, easy access to shops/banks/not hated, access to Ghoulbane and an easier epic, can do all those lowbie diseased pelt/Gnoll fang/bandit quests...but low dps, difficult to solo with (especially no Deepwater helm!), difficult to travel through a dungeon (no Invis etc)..

Help me decide and then plz invite me to your groups to painfully grind my way through the journey! ��
sk for sure. they're just so much more fun.

paladins get to stun and heal, hp/ac buff, undead nuke.

sk get most of the necro arsenal.

It's a no brainer.
Closed Thread