Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Default Losing motivation... suggestions?

I'm a 29 shaman on teal right now and honestly I've been soloing probably the last 5 levels which has been fine but slow and i'm getting kind of bored. I sort of want to go back to grouping but I don't know if I have the motivation to grind. My main issue is this - I know at 50 basically all there will be to do is lower guk, sol b, or farm random names. A lot of the content that really excites me isn't going to be out till kunark... which is a year away.

I kinda get what they were going for with the time gated release, but I feel sort of uninterested in the lack of level 30+ content. At the same time, I really want to be part of the green/teal experience. I have been waiting for this server forever, and I wanted to be a part of it because eq in its original form(corpse runs, weaker player characters, and no maps) means a lot to me.

I'm sort of thinking of rolling on mangler for luclin, which I really hate doing so because I hate eq with the massive group bonus, no corpse runs, and op classes. Thoughts/suggestions?
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Don't feel bad about taking a break. Getting to 29 this quick is insane.

Just do other stuff until there is more content.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Either take a break or go where nobody goes like permafrost, cazic-thule, sol a, mistmoore. I probably forgot some. Oh some part of najena are also at that level
Last edited by Spock2020; 11-10-2019 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 11-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Orc

I'm no expert on EQ but Kurnark introduces some areas where you'll be able to catch up too? So it's not like the end of the world if you're not 50 when it comes out right?
Old 11-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm4real [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no expert on EQ but Kurnark introduces some areas where you'll be able to catch up too? So it's not like the end of the world if you're not 50 when it comes out right?
Well, it's a year away and I'm the type of person that LOVES fresh servers. South ro being packed with 60 players and being in groups with all trolls/ogres was one of my favorite experiences. So that's mostly why I feel bad about quitting right now. I like being part of that initial rush.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-10-2019, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

I felt the same way.
Then I went to highkeep hold,
now I love solo.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Aviak

Soloing makes me want to quit too. What is it that you feel the most satisfaction doing? Sometimes I used to get too caught up in the race to 50 that I completely forget the reason I’m playing is for enjoyment. And I don’t find playing 20 year old mmos alone that enjoyable. Maybe for an hour occasionally but not much more. I know the mechanics, there’s no mystery. I guess what I’m saying is to make sure you aren’t distracted by things that are unimportant. Identify what you enjoy and do more of that.
Last edited by Smashed; 11-10-2019 at 08:47 PM..
Old 11-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Keep at it guys soon everyone will be in one of the 3 level 40+ zones and it will be way better!
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Guy soloing in a MMO is bored...

Go mingle my man
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go outside, get a job, get laid???

I want you people who seriously spend more than 3 hours a day playing a video game you've been playing for 20 fucking years go look up the definition of "insanity"

Jesus christ
Wow why so angry?
Closed Thread