Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Annihilator [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chardok AE is a scourge that has done nothing but flood the server with incompetent level 60 characters, and is the realm of people who hate EQ and despise the standard levelling process.
I've said this so many times I can't even count. Chardok is a major reason why this server is full of shitheads that shouldn't have even gotten to 60 in the first place then think they're hot shit cause they get in line to poopsock for dargon loots. Fucking unbelieveable.

Swish is the smart one here. He's not the one who got smited. The AoE nubs fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Pras.

One would think its easy enough to go kill mobs elsewhere and get the bonus XP and have fun but the problem is the AoE nubs have been AoEing and poopsocking/buffing for DKP so much they can't even play the damn game. Also, their "easy money" fucks the economy and especially those who actually hunt for their plat/gear.

The level of P99 asshattery has reached unprecedented heights. GG everybody, keep it up

<The A-Team>
Old 05-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Chardok even a top 10 spot for XP for a actual group? I mean we all know what Swish's intention was here and he succeeded. You (Swish) cant deny the whole point of this group was disrupt the chardok AE(If you try too it just means you are saying you are a moron). When in reality i'm sure you could have found someone else to go to xp that would have yeilded better results. It was completely a dick move just because you dont like how chardok AE operates. I'm sure if you had your way EC would be shutdown too just because of your personal beliefs. This server isnt about peoples personal beliefs though. This server is about recreating a time in our lives where we enjoyed playing EQ. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean it shouldnt exist. Yeah rules are rules but maybe just using some common sense and not trying to screw over people making plat/getting levels(because EQ is a game that doesnt require any skill just button mashing and counting to 12.) to enjoy themselves in EQ would have made your Saturday more enjoyable too. Even though deep down i'm sure you enjoyed it very much anyway.
This isnt an RNF thread, if you want to rant about server ethics, what makes you upset and etc etc you know how to make a thread there.

This was a nostalgia run that started badly but yielded some nice XP at the end. If I was trolling I probably wasnt staying there for 5+ hours, honestly.

Thanks again to the good guys who I grouped with and those who helped with resses at the end (Cleritani and pals) <3
Old 05-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Chardok even a top 10 spot for XP for a actual group? I mean we all know what Swish's intention was here and he succeeded. You (Swish) cant deny the whole point of this group was disrupt the chardok AE(If you try too it just means you are saying you are a moron). When in reality i'm sure you could have found someone else to go to xp that would have yeilded better results. It was completely a dick move just because you dont like how chardok AE operates. I'm sure if you had your way EC would be shutdown too just because of your personal beliefs. This server isnt about peoples personal beliefs though. This server is about recreating a time in our lives where we enjoyed playing EQ. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean it shouldnt exist. Yeah rules are rules but maybe just using some common sense and not trying to screw over people making plat/getting levels(because EQ is a game that doesnt require any skill just button mashing and counting to 12.) to enjoy themselves in EQ would have made your Saturday more enjoyable too. Even though deep down i'm sure you enjoyed it very much anyway.
I mean...I kinda agree, but at the same time swish xping at bridge is within the rules, it's up to the ae group to adapt. Can't find a new pull spot really? Seems like there's a solution they could have come up with to keep ae going, even though OMG only 85 merbs instead of 125. Can't even imagine someone who played classic but just started playing here and hearing how "bridge group is just a troll" would react.

PS did someone get bant?
Old 05-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Is Chardok even a top 10 spot for XP for a actual group?
I don't mean to point fingers but I see this argument come up a lot.

This whole business of selective P99 rule lawyering is unreal. Whether or not its a popular spot has no relevance. Technically speaking, Chardok AoE is training and KSing mobs. Its hogging an entire zone. Its also an exploit. Period.

Before it was a 24/7 AoE machine, there were actually -plenty- of Chardok groups. It was never packed like Seb but there were multiple groups there nightly. It is a fine zone, and most importantly its -another option- to the already limited number of high level zones.

It should be an option for those of us who have a "playstyle" that involves ~~~actually playing EQ~~~ i.e. getting a group together and going and killing mobs in dungeons for XP, drops, quest pieces, and good times. This is not an unreasonable point of view whatsoever.

<The A-Team>
Old 05-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Compare it to 5 pullers running around KC all waiting for something to spawn so they can run back to their group with it? During busy periods its a great alternative that should be considered for sure - noticeable progress through 51 last night.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isnt an RNF thread, if you want to rant about server ethics, what makes you upset and etc etc you know how to make a thread there.

This was a nostalgia run that started badly but yielded some nice XP at the end. If I was trolling I probably wasnt staying there for 5+ hours, honestly.

Thanks again to the good guys who I grouped with and those who helped with resses at the end (Cleritani and pals) <3
Lol this is about your ethics not the servers and wasnt a rant or a flame just a logical observation about how you act to things you do not like. Sorry it touched a nerve. Good luck on your future jimmy rustling since thats what you seem to enjoy doing.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is Chardok even a top 10 spot for XP for a actual group?
Yes. The Chardok fort is pretty similar to the Sebilis Chef/Bar area in terms of XP, and loot is probably better (before the AOE plague the Stave of Shielding was 40k, the Sarnak Battle Shield was 20k, etc). As a L58 in Kunark looking for a reasonable combination of loot and XP, the only camps that are clearly better are the Crypt and King in Sebilis and Charasis South. I spent a good bit of time there when Kunark came out because Sebilis was so packed.

Plus, let's not forget that Chardok AE is not classic. It was not possible to AE so many targets without going LD on your 56k modem. Plus, there was special code that limited the number of NPCs that would attack one player at once.

We now have level limits on epics because it was getting so ridiculous. It's time to limit PBAOE spells to 25 targets and force the Chardok mafia to get actual jobs to pay their rent.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really care for chardok AoE, it's not my play style.

That said, I know one of the arguments for the regular group here was to have a 'classic chardok 1.0 experience', but you could do this at any time (i.e. not xp bonus weekend). Indeed I don't recall xp bonus being classic, so you couldn't have chosen a worse time to have your 'classic chardok 1.0 experience'.

I have been amused by this thread, and would love to get a 'proper' chardok group sometime before the revamp comes in.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Is this group happening again in 2 hours?
Old 05-29-2016, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this group happening again in 2 hours?
I wanted to do another group tonight but sadly I've got to be up early for work (yes, on a national bank holiday here). If people want to co-ordinate another 6-man venture then this isn't a bad thread to do it. I know there were a couple of guys who couldn't make it last night that wanted to attend if there was another one.

To further address some critical comments about "why Chardok? why on the bonus XP weekend?". Based on previous experiences of bonus XP weekends, there really hasn't been anywhere to go that hasn't already been camped. I fondly remember a guild group where we checked KC, Sebilis, HS, the Hole, Chardok AOE was of course running, and we ended up trying Kedge Keep. Every KK camp was taken, I've never known that before.

So based on that, combined with adding some nostalgia to my experiences in 2013 and on live... I thought it was worth a shot. Just because people don't XP in there normally doesn't mean you shouldn't XP in there. I think mostly people don't want to deal with what we had to deal with last night...asshattery and lawyering attempts.

The most cringey was after Sirken left and a DE necro brought an unannounced train. As soon as we died the Chardok guys all zoned back in and were hastily forming a group...as if to say "you died, the zone is ours now".

If anyone is forming a group in there, don't be deterred by the Chardok guys - do as we did last night, keep them informed of where you are and what you're clearing. Hopefully last night is a lesson that they need to work with XP groups, not train them into quitting out of the zone (as happened with my first group).
Closed Thread