Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:25 PM
Banned

Default progression server idea for daybreak.

why not make servers that will stop at velious, another that stops at luclin, another that stops at pop, and then one that just keeps going.. that way everyone would be happy. no boxing.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

"no boxing" would certainly make our community generally happy... Daybreak players with paid subs generally enjoy boxing though and as ever that's a money maker.

Live players dont know what they want in all honesty. They were polled back in 2008 and voted for a new blue server (Trakanon 1), it made me resub for the first time in years. Fresh community, fresh start etc despite being 23-24 expansions along.

Things went good for a few months but suddenly the idea of a progession server hit and they decided to pull the plug, movelog the server into Tunare and use our server for EQs first progression server instead.

I unsubbed and never went back. Didnt want to be Swishxxxxxxx on Tunare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rambling now, but basically if they launched all those different progression servers with different end points there'll be chaos, movelogs, angry nerds and fragmented communities.

If I was John Smedley or whoever is running the EQ show now I'd launch one and let it mature. If there's an appetite for one running to just Luclin, maybe consider that after the first one's timeline has finished. Everyone knows we'll still be playing in 2020, 2030 etc if we're alive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

I never liked there idea of the old Progression server with the new Zone Graphics. Good god it looked Luclin as hell, and even EC, WC were one zone. Really?? Certainly no Classic that's for sure.

And I bet it will look that way now with the new one coming out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread