Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Beginner questions.

Hello everyone. I was introduced to EQ 20 years ago but never really had the chance to play it, just to watch some people play. I was still a kid back then and by the time I got my first computer, DAOC was already out. I'm a fan of old school RPGs where you have to earn your character and "grind it out". Ever since DAOC became a weird game since the release of ToA and other expansions, the DAOC community sadly became strange too. Not enough normal people around, even the 40+ people are spoiled brats who want it fast and cheap, and not enjoy the journey. Also a lot of ego, people who have been playing the game for many years absolutely refuse to learn, ask questions etc.

But anyway, that's beside the point. Let's just say I want to experience EQ for the first time in my life. A friend of mine actually told me about this server years ago but I got sidetracked and now decided to actually join.

I'm willing to learn, follow the rules and hopefully enjoy nice conversations with some mature players. I know it's a complex topic, but I'd appreciate any advice on character creation, choice of class and PvP in general. Any DAOC players here who can tell me if templating system is similar to DAOC and should I make one char for farming and to finance my main char or can I do it all on my main char etc.?