Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:36 PM
Skeleton

How does a bard hold agro off anyone? Gee I don't know maybe Mez or Slow? When I am just slowing a MOB I usually pull enough hate to keep agro when I don't want it. Just chain casting slow (no twists) will guarantee agro and I have only played a bard for a month.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#2. Name one bard ability that generates enough threat to hold over any reliable DPS? The "real" aggro ability that every one in this thread is referring to is 50+. Something that won't be on Green until Kunark (years away?)

#3. What kind of group would even get a bard to tank, especially in classic? Sure, if you were in Kunark and beyond and desperate, go for it. A bard may be a plate class, but they are far from a tanking class.
Level 20 AoE slow, level 23 slow/snare, even mez works well to keep aggro. 2 - 3 shots of any of them at the beginning of the fight, then keep it in at the end of your twist. But you've been barding for twenty years, so surely you don't need anyone to tell you this?

I tanked quite often while leveling with low-mid tier equipment. I stopped playing him in the mid 30's, but I tanked at least once in every zone I leveled in. From Crushbone, to Unrest, to Mistmoore, to Sol A, to Highkeep. I expect to see many a bard fill that role on Green, likely due to a tank shortage, and Warriors without good threat weapons.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

You guys all need to shut up. Bards suck, don't roll one. They can't solo, they can't duo, they can't group, and they can't solo all the way to Nagafen and Vox waiting on a raid in Classic. /s
Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

A bard spamming mez is the best tank for fighting casters too, they're not getting any spells off.

But I mean who during untwinked classic era would want a tank that can reliably lull, pull with situational mega resist buffs, mez adds, charm DPS, and 35% slow while bringing the best HP regen in the game along with having the most mana regen in the game for downtime, amirite?
Old 10-15-2019, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

Mez/Slow even at lv 23 (which im at) utterly aggros. On green i cant see how without a proc weapon or something a tank could reliably take it back withouit the bard quitting it and stopping attacking.

I guess if someone rooted the mob and the bard stood well back?

Dunno, im just a newb bard anyway.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Dark either really clueless about bard songs or really bad troll
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Aviak

One of the highest 4 characters on beta is a bard
Old 10-15-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Aggro a mob / run around with it and have DPS kill it. Will be the most efficient way of levelling in classic given no gear.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

So, fun fact: I was messing around yesterday and my bard was able to hold agro over an equal level monk decently well just by using dissonance. Once I hit 12 and got bellow, I could hold agro 100% over the monk with a twist of dissonance/bellow x2/hymn, both while meleeing and while using a lute.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark either really clueless about bard songs or really bad troll
Not sure if he deserves it, but in his 'defense', if he matured as a bard only after Luclin came out, there was a massive nerf to bard aggro because of AE songs at the time, and any bard leveling after that era rightly believes bards have an incredibly hard time holding aggro.

Astuce
Closed Thread