Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Banned

Default Post your UI modifications

some might say this belongs in technical discussion, but i like it here. anyway... post your UI modifications if you have anything custom. lets see how many different UI's people can use in P99.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

NOTCLASSIC.gif
Old 04-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOTCLASSIC.gif
current standard UI = not classic, wiki = not classic, vent = not classic, high res zone and character files = not, playing on wifi = not classic, anything past windows 2000 = not classic. wireless keyboard/mouse = not classic. if ur gonna make a comment make it fucking useful please.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Wiki, high res graphics, wifi, windows, vent, don't directly impact gameplay.

Being able to see your exact mana value or being able to have multiple chat boxes or Hotbutton boxes does however.

Also this is a thread for the screenshots forum. Since it sounds like you want to see screenshots not just descriptions of UI mods.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:17 AM
Aviak

I use WASD to move around. For quick access, my E key is bound to both Target Nearest NPC and consider. So every time I use it, I automatically get a /con of my target with one keystroke. Similarly, my Q key is bound to Cycle NPC and consider. So, I can spam that to go through all the mobs and get /cons automatically as i go. A nice way for me to check if things are mem-blurred is to hit my hide hotkey and spam Q to make sure they all come up indiff.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Ah yes another example of gameplay made easier.

The Cycle NPC Hotkey added in GoD.

Removing that would separate the boys from the men among Enchanters and Bards.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if your idea of fun is to have shitty gameplay made better by simple improvements, but refuse to use them... then by all means have at it.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I actually agree with this, if its possible to remove it. Chanters (and bards to a lesser extent) are very powerful toons in EQ. In classic, the play-tested "balance" was seen through the lens of available UI and gaming controls. These classes were extremely limited by a number of UI-related limitations.

At this point in the server's life cycle I could care less; p99 is so far off classic timeline that it is now its own unique animal (we are no longer merely recreating classic EQ here). Its great fun and is the closest to classic EQ by far available anywhere, but it is too far gone to put in "fixes" like this at this point.

However, with the new discussion of the eventual re99 server way down the timeline, I would like to see this stuff made ready so that re99 is an even more classic experience when we get to it.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

No one should have them.

The point is one of the big challenges of classic was unwieldy gameplay.

I hope they can somehow disable certain feasible aspects like UI features and hotkey commands that trivialize certain aspects of the game.

Being an enchanter who can lock down many mobs should take some skill, but cycle target trivializes that. Just like sneak pulling trivialized pulling for monks.

Being on shitty Internet or windows 2000 isn't a feasible change that one could make. But limiting UI features and hotkeys is one the Devs could theoretically make that would make the experience here more classic.

Edit: agree with Fastboy. Not a big deal for P99, but P99 is a nice test bed to test the removal of these features for purposes of future Recycled server releases, so that it's ready to be maximum classic.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
No one should have them.

The point is one of the big challenges of classic was unwieldy gameplay.

I hope they can somehow disable certain feasible aspects like UI features and hotkey commands that trivialize certain aspects of the game.

Being an enchanter who can lock down many mobs should take some skill, but cycle target trivializes that. Just like sneak pulling trivialized pulling for monks.

Being on shitty Internet or windows 2000 isn't a feasible change that one could make. But limiting UI features and hotkeys is one the Devs could theoretically make that would make the experience here more classic.

Edit: agree with Fastboy. Not a big deal for P99, but P99 is a nice test bed to test the removal of these features for purposes of future Recycled server releases, so that it's ready to be maximum classic.
well its a good thing you arent running the server otherwise we wood all have a shitty game.
Closed Thread