Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't really understand the desire to play green, honestly. After putting a couple years into procuring pixels in Velious I'm going to start all over again so I can eventually procure pixels in Velious? Mind blowing.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

If green really rolls over and restarts, it's the purest way to play classic EQ for the journey alone. Start off on a brand new, wild server with your friends and slowly take your group all the way to the gods themselves, meeting new people along the way.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

The desire to carve out my place in (server) history is what makes me yearn for fresh servers. Playing the same server after you've killed every available raid mob in the game for others' benefit so they can leave to another guild gets weary.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-02-2019, 11:58 AM
Kobold

You sweet summer children... you have no idea what is coming.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

<yawn>
Just start another account and make new toons. Fight em up then make a new toon.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

If the green server is just going to be an erased, reboot of the blue server then I'm going to farm the hell out of the green server... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I want to be the first person on the green server with a million platinum...
Old 08-04-2019, 06:14 AM
Aviak

Looking forward to green RnF much more than the server.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really understand the desire to play green, honestly. After putting a couple years into procuring pixels in Velious I'm going to start all over again so I can eventually procure pixels in Velious? Mind blowing.
It's like playing a different game. When I leveled on blue there were huuuuge gaps in patches, raid mobs were on a constantly changing spawn variance, people overgeared due to years of farming kunark bis. Consumables were farmed for years resulting in guilds having bags full of wort pots for every member, instant aggro tools to hand out. Plat might not have been redundant but there was a lot in the economy. Mechanics were changed (invis pulling, sneak pulling, FD mem blur, instant epic spawn pieces like rogue hate book, gear stats altered) so much that camping high risk high rewards camps were monopolized by duos for years.

Will the same happen on green? Maybe. But not at first. And if the timeline progresses at the live rate we wont see ridiculous feats like 5 manning ST golems on week two of velious. We might see guilds actually prioritizing tank gear day 1 just so AOW can be taken down. It'll be fun watching guilds with only half their rogues having epic and cultural armor going into ntov.

That's why people are excited about a new classic server. Not because of a guise or manastone.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Remove the ability to multiquest from green!
Old 08-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to be the first person on the green server with a million platinum...

You better have a team of people helping you and/or not require sleep ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread