Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any original Nintendo game.

Go try to get to level 2 in Contra.

Has anyone even ever SEEN the 4th level of Battletoads?
I considered making a streaming channel called "8 bits of pain" where I sit down and play nonstop a random NES title that I have never played until I beat it with only minimum bio breaks with no assistance at all. After 48 hours I gain access to the original user manual. Comments would be dealt with by a third party so I don't get peoples clues to beating the game.

The fun part would be watching me lose all humanity in a time lapse video. I would do nothing but eat food delivered from loved ones or pizza places and play the game until it gets beaten.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

I don't think present day flat screen TVs could take a nintendo controller being thrown at it and survive like the old TV monstrosities of the late 80s and early 90s could.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Some of the old PvP MUDS that drew me into gaming as a kid are still running today and they can be merciless. MUME especially. A tough level grind and brutal PvP. I haven't played in years, but I look in on some of them from time to time and there are still 20 to 50 players online. It was 200+ or so back in the day.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:53 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2021, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

original anarchy online.

And for the shitheads claiming dark soul is hard,,, they never played the original version of temple of elemental evil .
and if u realy want a fucking challangue WizardryIV:The_Return of Werdna.

Took me 3 fucking years to finish this game
Old 02-17-2021, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played Vermintide 1 and 2 and it pretty challenging for a team of 4 normal human beings even on normal difficulty.

Hard difficulty was impossible for us (we are all used to playing FPS games though), and the nightmare mode looked like it was made only for the neckiest of the beards.

The game is great, a shame it's not an MMO though.
because man things inferior to skaven yess yess
Old 02-17-2021, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesocyclone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
getting 99 on Runescape is fucking hard without cheating
its not hard it just takes a long ass time

i just got all 99s on my main last year and I'm pretty proud of it

the most hardest ones were probably slayer and runecrafting both of which took

thousands of hours
Old 02-18-2021, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends what you find difficult about EQ. FFXVI has some grindy content that puts most EQ epic quests to shame and provides much more complex classes and difficult raid content. I always found the game to be quite questionable looking until I downloaded the free trial like 5 months and got really into it soon after. I'd recommend that, especially since now that the base game and first expansion are included in the trial. Classes do start off really slow and the GCD is like 2.5 so it is glacial paced for the first several levels but then you end up with enough skills and off global abilities that keep you busy.
yeah but to solve the quests do you have to follow a ghost npc after reading poorly written cryptic dialogue, and then decide to just sit there for 40 minuets and then the gost you have to kill spawns?

I feel like the quests, are so abstract in this game that I seriously cant believe anyone actually figured one of them out before the first walkthrough went online lol
Old 02-18-2021, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Difficult or just tedious? I love rogue likes because of their potential and challenge, but they're bad gaming experiences. Crawl: stone soup would be one of the most difficult in the genre that's accessible and kinda fun.

Elona was a fantastic game too. Probably the prettiest RL.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Cat Mario