Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many people already 2 box on this server. It is pretty obvious when you are grouping with someone doing so. Seems a lot of people with an "IP Exemption" sure do seem to have very quiet/mentally slow "wife's" or "younger brothers". I say we gather up all current illegal dual boxers and drown em in some lava.
I was about to ask, what about those ALREADY boxing ? I came across a few, some got reported and are still playing.

How is multi-boxing handled actually ?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:37 AM
Orc

I have absolutely nothing against boxing in most games. However, there are two big issues with boxing on P99:

- No subscription fee means there are only upsides to having multiple accounts
- Server population seems solid enough to where it would only hurt things

For those reasons, I think it's pretty clear the current policy is the right one.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Kobold

Why not just increase full group XP? This would encourage people to group with one another more. It's obvious that two boxing will never be allowed (which I support) but it's also obvious that this problem will never reach a solution without action.

I'd rather solo than group sometimes because I get large blocks of experience and I only rely on myself. The downside is that I am an enchanter and it's easy to solo for me because I rely on my red conned pet to do most of the work. What about Monks, Warriors, Rogues and other classes that cannot solo the same way that I do? They get the short end of the stick and I think that I should be more encouraged to group with them. What better encouragement would that be if I got more experience for having a full group? I'm not saying, give everyone 'solo xp' per mob in the group. I'm just saying adding more experience would make it worth my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qi0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have absolutely nothing against boxing in most games. However, there are two big issues with boxing on P99:

- No subscription fee means there are only upsides to having multiple accounts
- Server population seems solid enough to where it would only hurt things

For those reasons, I think it's pretty clear the current policy is the right one.
This is a good idea too though. How about making a $15/mo boxing fee? I'd pay it and I'd be supporting the server costs. You can setup subscriptions in paypal and make it run php scripts (upon payment or when they stop paying) that would plug into the emu database to add/deny privileges. This may be a bit far fetched and some may disagree but I think it would be a good idea and help support the server adding to its assets.
Last edited by Packet; 02-08-2010 at 11:44 AM..
Old 02-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Crap sorry misread the question.

Boxing is terrible. Probably the best rule on the server.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay.
I voted for this one.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Send a message via Yahoo to Derazor

Remove it. I would definitely play if I could box.

However, as stands, the bulk of players now are all end game and were that way very quickly. I didnt have as much time to commit, and especially after taking a break after the DDoS attacks...there are very few people to level with.

Not to mention..boxing was classic! It was lots of fun. Bring on the boxing!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Any debates on my ideas? I'm just curious for the sake of a constructive argument.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Kobold

If boxers paid then they would argue that they are, for lack of a better word, better than non boxers because they are supporting the server by paying a sub fee.

Not to mention once people start paying they start threatening to cancel if things aren't fixed...
Old 02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If boxers paid then they would argue that they are, for lack of a better word, better than non boxers because they are supporting the server by paying a sub fee.

Not to mention once people start paying they start threatening to cancel if things aren't fixed...
How would them arguing that they're better than others effect anyone or anything?

Also, if people threaten to cancel - it doesn't effect the server directly because of the following reasons.

A - The server is doing fine without their subscriptions.
B - They would be paying for the ability to 2box, not for the ability to play.

If the arguement turns to "if the server is fine without their subscriptions, then why do it?"; my reply is that it helps secure the server and even pose the possibility of future upgrades and/or financial problems that we may encounter.

If a player were to threaten to cancel his subscription because something isn't fixed or goes his way, then let them cancel. They'd be paying strictly for the right to 2-box and nothing more. If there was a subscription to play, then I would understand but this wouldn't be the case.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Aviak

No! Dual boxing destroyed the community on live even more than the bazzar did imho.

I do agree with the xp mod for full groups being increased. Enchanters, necros and mages can help groups alot, however a lot of the people playing them would rather solo simply because they can get the same or better exp without having to rely on other people. This would give them a reason to want to group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread