Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 12:52 AM
Kobold

Can only hope he looks back in 6 months and cringes at self.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTrips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course it did. When 200+ people rely on his word which determines how they spend their time, when he drops the ball it has consequences. Whether he was helping people or if he just fell asleep on the couch, he has a responsibility. It doesn't matter if you say "it's just a game, get a life, yada yada." If your friend planned an event, and so you made plans and got ready and drove out to the place, waiting for it to open, only to find out, after waiting outside for a long period of time, that not only is it closed, but it was never going to open. You'd be well within your rights to wonder why your friend never bothered to inform you.

It's not like he didn't have any way to tell someone. People saw his Discord status on and off all day. if he forgot, fine, just say that. Saying "I was busy helping hurricane victims" just sounds like a disingenuous, pity-plea cop out. "They can't be mad if I was helping victims."
Brah
Old 10-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

you mean if there wasn't going to be a quake you would have spent time with your wife, kids, or friends off of the internet?

lol

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:57 AM
Kobold

OMG you guys put in all those hours at work and you didn't even get paid? Oh, wait, its a video game. Maybe try playing the game more casual and taking real life more serious instead.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even as a fellow eq player its legitimate to say blowing off days at a time waiting for the possibility of pixels is... sad.

Everyone knows it. Start taking stock of things because when you're that deep in the addiction, the consequences hav already started to show up regardless if you are actually aware.
Up until this point it wasn't a possibility. It was logical to presume a quake would happen today which is why 1000 people were online for the final few hours of the day. Since the probability of a quake was so high - easy, fast raids then you go to bed, not this life consuming bs you make it out to be.

It's 100% valid to feel frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptTrips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like he didn't have any way to tell someone. People saw his Discord status on and off all day. if he forgot, fine, just say that. Saying "I was busy helping hurricane victims" just sounds like a disingenuous, pity-plea cop out. "They can't be mad if I was helping victims."
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Funny how some of the people going "LOL get a life" have 80% raid attendance the past 6 months. Which is like basically 3am raids, 24/7 raiding.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If your friend planned an event, and so you made plans and got ready and drove out to the place, waiting for it to open, only to find out, after waiting outside for a long period of time, that not only is it closed, but it was never going to open. You'd be well within your rights to wonder why your friend never bothered to inform you.
I think this is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
You understand people make plans around these earthquakes right? They're a fairly big deal. It's fine if you don't do anything for them but for some of us, we rely on these events....
This made me feel sad for you as a person.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would literally have done anything else. Even if it was simply XPing in the game, instead, I camped with my guild, along with many other guilds, for a promised event that didn't occur. You understand people make plans around these earthquakes right? They're a fairly big deal. It's fine if you don't do anything for them but for some of us, we rely on these events to be able to get certain mobs.
I don't feel sorry for you at all

Stop wasting your life on a video game

Hope this helps

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread