Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Pathing

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras
Default Mob pathing around the inner ring of NToV

As many people know, though I'm not sure it's officially been voiced in this forum, mob pathing in the inner ring when training mobs away (specifically around the ring going north towards the twins and triplets) can cause problems if and when the mobs path too close to and fall over the edge of the ring.

If they clip down into the lava, they will most likely warp in unexpected ways, usually right on top of the person training them away.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Make all of the mobs call of the zero every 6s and you'll fix that problem real quick. It's not a pathing issue, it's a meta issue. They're taking the most direct route to the PC.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make all of the mobs call of the zero every 6s and you'll fix that problem real quick. It's not a pathing issue, it's a meta issue. They're taking the most direct route to the PC.
"direct" route is right. Though i'd also say that if you fall into the lava there really is no route to the player. If one was intentionally trying to drag mobs into the lava, that would be one thing and would be an exploit as far as I'm concerned.

But if you are just training mobs away and their pathfinding is so bad that they get so close to the edge that they fall into lava when coming up to a corner of the walkway, I feel like that's a fix that can be had.

Same issue in Velketor's Labyrinth, really, where spiders don't navigate their way around platform corners and, instead, fall through the ledge at the corner. Only, in Velketor's Labyrinth, there is a way back to the player. in the NToV lava pit, there is no way to naturally get back out, so they warp.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

It's the client trying to connect the dots to the player without line of sight. Sorta like how they bug out in Kael at the snow piles unless you stay in LOS. I think it's a combination of elevation change + line of sight that screws the pathing up. Basically divides by zero and warps the mob to your location.
Old 02-02-2021, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the client trying to connect the dots to the player without line of sight. Sorta like how they bug out in Kael at the snow piles unless you stay in LOS. I think it's a combination of elevation change + line of sight that screws the pathing up. Basically divides by zero and warps the mob to your location.
yea that sounds about right.

Closed Thread