Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Bonus XP For Server return?
50% for 1 Week 25 47.17%
50% for just the Weekend 2 3.77%
25% For 1 Week 1 1.89%
25% For jus the Weekend 1 1.89%
No Bonus XP 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

I cant vote?

I vote no.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talked about this internally, since its split between no bonus and 50% 1 week, we're going to just do 25% for 1 Week. That is the final decision.
would prefer non but small is better.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Large Bat

aww looks like it was to close, so they went with the middle ground of 25%
Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant vote?

I vote no.
Dude your vote just changed everything. The GM's will now have to reconsider.

Good thing you said your piece bro.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM
Orc

W(hat) T(he) F(..K)?

Seriously? Changed the decision because 24 people said no? And that was considered 1/2? 50 people total?!? How is that a representation at all?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] <--- only thing to describe it
Old 04-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume that the Bonus XP is for two reasons. 1) Devs are concerned about the community coming back 2) Devs feel bad about the server being down.

To address both: 1) The community will come back, devs shouldn't be concerned about that. Server was expanding not contracting prior to the it going down. 2) Players aren't angry, they just miss the game. So I'd imagine a huge bump on the first day back.

This is the type of stuff that SOE would pull. If we want to stay away from things that ruined Original EQ, we should stay away from a bonus xp week. We all wanted a classic server, now lets stick with it.

Sorry for the rant, but this is what I hated about SOE.

To add: The poll above shows that the small population of the server that voted is split. Mind you it's a small sample. That's hardly a mandate to change something.
First - doesn't matter why you think the devs were offering it, they didn't say, so don't even bother speculating because that's all it is.

Second - the "classic" argument is crap. There are 100's of things that we encounter on a daily basis in game that aren't "classic".

Third - XP weekends have been used by all major MMO companies. Don't blame SOE - it's a part of marketing.

Fourth - Why look a gift horse in the mouth? It isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. The only reason why I am for it is because to be opposed to it would be to simply be bitching for no reason.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The only real reason that this issue has become a point of conjecture at all is because the server is down and no one has anything to do but periodically visit the forums and opine when they would normally be playing.

If the 50% week hadn't been announced during downtime, and instead was instituted as the server was being brought up on Friday, I bet the debate about it would be virtually nil.

For the record, I don't really care whether there is a bonus or not, and I bet the true majority of players both represented and not represented by a forum presence feel the same.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

It provided me with fun stuff to post about yesterday lol. Other than that I am pretty indifferent. I didn't even vote in this poll. I have no issues levelling on this server. EQ grind is pretty tame compared to some newer foreign games.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First - doesn't matter why you think the devs were offering it, they didn't say, so don't even bother speculating because that's all it is.
Anyone with half a brain would agree that one of the two scenarios I proposed are a likely reason for the the EXP increase.

Quote:
Second - the "classic" argument is crap. There are 100's of things that we encounter on a daily basis in game that aren't "classic".
The name of website is Project 1999. The entire point of this server is to give a version of EQ from 1999. The Devs have made a huge effort to do updates and patches to bring us closer to classic EQ. I understand that tons of things still aren't classic, but why are you okay with ADDing more?
(this isn't directed at DEVs, only at the quoted poster)

Quote:
Third - XP weekends have been used by all major MMO companies. Don't blame SOE - it's a part of marketing.
I agree with you and that's why many of us are playing on this server and NOT the ones you described above.
Last edited by Beor; 04-14-2010 at 10:13 AM..
Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Orc

bah wrong thread
Closed Thread