Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but I got tired and wandered off.
Ok Towelie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm gonna log onto red (because why not?) and do a bunch of randoms while I sit at jailmaster.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:40 AM
Kobold

You guys just dont get my argument. It's ok. There are approximately 48 assassin or ph spawns per day at a "25%" chance this would be on average 12 assassins per day in the long run. This isnt even close to happening lol. The rate is clearly not 25% or even 20%. I'm just saying it is much lower lol. Not here to argue about your 3 fizzles in a row over the span of 5 seconds. I'm talking about observations over days.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys just dont get my argument. It's ok. There are approximately 48 assassin or ph spawns per day at a "25%" chance this would be on average 12 assassins per day in the long run. This isnt even close to happening lol. The rate is clearly not 25% or even 20%. I'm just saying it is much lower lol. Not here to argue about your 3 fizzles in a row over the span of 5 seconds. I'm talking about observations over days.
I did 32 hours at assassin to get my guise. Saw 6 assassins during that time, which is a spawn rate of about 4%. Half had dirks.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did 32 hours at assassin to get my guise. Saw 6 assassins during that time, which is a spawn rate of about 4%. Half had dirks.
that's actually around 12% spawn rate.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:16 AM
Kobold

What is that math? 32 hours is roughly 64 assassins with 6 spawns that's 6÷64 which is 9.375% spawn rate. I actually believe the true rate is 10% so this checks out.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

If you have ever had the misfortune of seeing 3 manastones back to back, followed by 38 hours of nothing but frogs and the occasional bag...yeah, its streaky.

True RNG does not exist on computers. Several posts back has some good articles for those who are curious. Consider the time EQ was written as well.

It is a well known experience by EQ players that even trivial camps or encounters can sometimes go terribly wrong due to a long string of seemingly impossible resists, early breaks, lucky full damage hits etc..its all just part of the game, flawed or otherwise.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:58 AM
Banned

Manastone currently approaching 40 hours without a drop. All I can do is bitch now.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrakes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastone currently approaching 40 hours without a drop. All I can do is bitch now.
Stay positive. You are #1! Once it drops you are forever done
Old 01-23-2020, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stay positive. You are #1! Once it drops you are forever done
Then you get to camp other items and maybe socialize while doing so.

EverQuest.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you get to camp other items and maybe socialize while doing so.

EverQuest.
I dunno I made some really good friends from my time spent at manastone camp. Strong bonds were formed