Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Cutting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lame as fuck name. If you’re gonna abuse the naming policy at least make it good.
This is what bothers me more than the non-immersive names. Majority I’ve seen are just lazy as shit and boring. Rogue = Stabby McPiercer. Cleric= Nores Foryou. Enchanter = Enchantyress. If I see one of these LFG, it’ll take a lot for me to even want to send them a tell.

And yes, the inherent irony of my own name isn’t lost on me.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

I can not believe you assholes are this serious about this.

You fucking assholes are seriously having people banned because of their 'grievous violations' to your fucking pious sanctity when their name is shit like Rickmoranis or something.

You gotta actually give me a fucking break with this level of patronizing bullshit. It's so fucking arrogant. You gotta be some kind of fucked in the head to think that your "immersion" or whatever it is you're so fucking jealously guarding is broken by some guy whose name is "Stabby Daggy."

Seriously though -- what's the angle? What are you guys actually 'protecting' or positing? Why do you fucking care about other people's names if they're not ACTUALLY vulgar? Like come the fuck on. Grow up.

You all keep coming back to this phrase "abuse the naming policy" to make it sound legitimate or fair when in reality it's just a bunch of fucking whiney tattle-tales crying about shit they don't like. Then you fall back on that stupid ass phrase because it 'sounds important' Fucking 'abuse'... yeah. I love throwing around buzzwords to make myself seem important too, guys, but get a fucking grip.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 02-07-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

There was a guy on Green named Ever Quest. GMs made him change his name.

Sad really. Guy snagged "Ever" as a first name and ran with it. Looked like he was a shadow knight too, so the questing will indeed go on forever.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a guy on Green named Ever Quest. GMs made him change his name.

Sad really. Guy snagged "Ever" as a first name and ran with it. Looked like he was a shadow knight too, so the questing will indeed go on forever.
This is a hard sell story, here to say. I don't think anyone would buy that story.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:17 PM
Banned

weedywan sure is butthurt
Old 02-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Banned

To be the name police on a 20 year old elf sim... proud parents to be sure.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default nice rage post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can not believe you assholes are this serious about this.

You fucking assholes are seriously having people banned because of their 'grievous violations' to your fucking pious sanctity when their name is shit like Rickmoranis or something.

You gotta actually give me a fucking break with this level of patronizing bullshit. It's so fucking arrogant. You gotta be some kind of fucked in the head to think that your "immersion" or whatever it is you're so fucking jealously guarding is broken by some guy whose name is "Stabby Daggy."

Seriously though -- what's the angle? What are you guys actually 'protecting' or positing? Why do you fucking care about other people's names if they're not ACTUALLY vulgar? Like come the fuck on. Grow up.

You all keep coming back to this phrase "abuse the naming policy" to make it sound legitimate or fair when in reality it's just a bunch of fucking whiney tattle-tales crying about shit they don't like. Then you fall back on that stupid ass phrase because it 'sounds important' Fucking 'abuse'... yeah. I love throwing around buzzwords to make myself seem important too, guys, but get a fucking grip.
No one gets banned for violating the naming policy. They just get their name changed.

What are you actually protecting? Why do you care about other people’s names if they violate the P99 naming policy?

Seriously though — what’s the angle?
Last edited by Videri; 02-07-2020 at 03:00 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be the name police on a 20 year old elf sim... proud parents to be sure.
no staff bashing plz
Old 03-12-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Bump to prevent lock! This server has rules.

Please read Baler's 2016 thread Project 1999 Naming Policy. After the big purge of dumb names in 2018, Baler made this thread. In these threads, you can see it all: people in support of the naming policy, people v mad about it, people posting lists of really stupid names, lots of rage. I hope people will read some of those threads before posting here.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Banned

Is the surname Starwind appropriate?
Closed Thread