Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

A part of me hopes AA's don't see the light of day on this server. It's not because AA's themselves are inherently wrong, only the fact that there's no cap on AA's, which creates this ever growing schism between fresh 60s and those who have farmed 100, 200, 500 AA points.

If AA's had a cap of, say, 100 points? No problem, would be cool, because then people could customize their characters a little more personally with those 100 points.

As it stands though in its original form, AAs just support a system of elitism and grinding endlessly just to get those extra 2 points of strength or to get those extra 3% healing. :/
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

yea the hole should be out by now, and veeshans peak at sometime

guessing within the end of the summer or early fall both of these areas will be out

im just looking forward to velious, kunarks a cool area, but i havnt even done the lvl 50-60 content at all
Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will there ever be AA's put into game? Just wondering. It would be nice even if it was just the first Tier or whatever! =)
I suggest if you're looking for a server with AA's with a classic feel, try The Grand Creation. EZ Server is ridiculous with how quick you level and armor drops, and The Hidden Forest has alot of custom made stuff and is all around just not classic.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A part of me hopes AA's don't see the light of day on this server. It's not because AA's themselves are inherently wrong, only the fact that there's no cap on AA's, which creates this ever growing schism between fresh 60s and those who have farmed 100, 200, 500 AA points.
Sure there's a cap: Once you've gotten all possible AA's through House of Thule, you're capped! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been a long time so somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you limited to like 40 total AA points when Luclin first launched, and you had to spend X number in general before you could buy from Archetype and then X from Archetype before you could buy from class, and then you had to be careful to pick the AAs you wanted because there were more than 40 points worth of AA options?

Edit: To RiffDaemon above me, technically there is no cap on live because there are a bunch of AA abilities that are expandable. Once you use the ability you have to earn and spend AA on it before you can use it again.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

I do not remember a cap on AAs on live during Luclin. There was a cap to the number of AAs you could have banked, but as long as your stored AA # was below that, you could have as many AA spent as you had earned.

The other portion you remember is accurate, you had to spend X amount of points in the general category before you could purchase Archetype AAs, with a similar Y amount being required in Archetype before you could purchase Class AAs.

I cannot remember how further expansions regulated expansion AAs possibly above Class.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been a long time so somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you limited to like 40 total AA points when Luclin first launched, and you had to spend X number in general before you could buy from Archetype and then X from Archetype before you could buy from class, and then you had to be careful to pick the AAs you wanted because there were more than 40 points worth of AA options?

Edit: To RiffDaemon above me, technically there is no cap on live because there are a bunch of AA abilities that are expandable. Once you use the ability you have to earn and spend AA on it before you can use it again.
AAs were only limited in the sense that you had to spend x number of points in general before you could purchase archetype, y number of points in archetype before class abilities. To get titles you had to spend a certain number in each category.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not remember a cap on AAs on live during Luclin. There was a cap to the number of AAs you could have banked, but as long as your stored AA # was below that, you could have as many AA spent as you had earned.

The other portion you remember is accurate, you had to spend X amount of points in the general category before you could purchase Archetype AAs, with a similar Y amount being required in Archetype before you could purchase Class AAs.

I cannot remember how further expansions regulated expansion AAs possibly above Class.
It was something like, 6 in General to unlock Archetype, 12 in Archetype to unlock Class.

Beyond that, they started adding level requirements (e.g., some PoP AAs required level 61 for rank 1, 63 for rank 2, and 65 for rank 3, a formula later expansions followed) and had prerequisite AAs from your Archetype and Class categories.

After OOW? I totally forget what they did. /shrug.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Closed Thread