Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enclave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't SOE do away with the class based xp penalties? If so I assume it happened after Velious?

If you ask me, it's one thing that is good about current Everquest. There's little reason that I can think of for why certain classes would have an xp penalty while others do not. It makes sense for races, just not classes.
This horse has been beaten to death. This server isn't about what's best, but what's classic... in some cases this is a good thing, in cases its a pain in the ass, however the principle stands. You have obviously stated which of the two this issue is, but so have many others in many other threads. Honestly, I'd say it makes more sense for classes than races. I mean, sure an ogre warrior will have better stats than a halfling, but after gear and stuff, it isn't a huge diff. Comparing one class to another actually has some legit things to compare and therefore quantify the value of.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwdrake8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, sure an ogre warrior will have better stats than a halfling, but after gear and stuff, it isn't a huge diff.
It's a huge diff. Not even mentioning stuns.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwdrake8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This horse has been beaten to death. This server isn't about what's best, but what's classic... in some cases this is a good thing, in cases its a pain in the ass, however the principle stands. You have obviously stated which of the two this issue is, but so have many others in many other threads. Honestly, I'd say it makes more sense for classes than races. I mean, sure an ogre warrior will have better stats than a halfling, but after gear and stuff, it isn't a huge diff. Comparing one class to another actually has some legit things to compare and therefore quantify the value of.
Which is why I added to my post "If so I assume it happened after Velious?"

I wasn't suggesting it be changed. I honestly do not know when the change was made.

Also I disagree with your saying that it makes more sense between classes than races. Some races have some really nice inherent bonuses, such as Iksar with their bonus ac and regen. Classes on the other hand, they're at least somewhat balanced against each other, so being hybrid isn't really any sort of bonus that would suggest an xp penalty would be needed. Hell, look at Rangers, they're a hybrid. Do you think Rangers of all classes should have that penalty compared to say a Warrior?
Last edited by Enclave; 07-12-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Closed Thread