Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 03:57 AM
Large Bat

Default Avatar of Fear spawn rate post merge

we had 20/21 PHs. 1 AoF had claws. This normal or did they nerf drop rate because they're concerned with how many people have MS, Rubi, and guise already?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

drop rates have not been changed...
Old 01-23-2020, 04:07 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: ok i fail at making this image thing work.
But its a guy in a Tin Foil Hat and would have been hilarious, but i ruined it.
Last edited by Pootle; 01-23-2020 at 04:09 AM..
Old 01-23-2020, 05:54 AM
Banned

I once experienced 27ph and then claws.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Standard P99 RNG, I'm afraid.

A 10% spawn rate going 27 spawns with nothing and then 3 named spawns in a row is par for the course here, despite the unlikeliness of something like that happening on a regular basis if it were truly random.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:47 AM
Banned

AoF literally the most troll spawn, i have had the opposite, over 40 hours we must have had like 30 AoF's, all claws. Was hilarious. 10/10 would go crazy again for rubi bp.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:10 AM
Kobold

"drop rates / spawn rates have not changed"... OP i experienced the same thing trying to get my mask the other day. First day the assassin didnt even spawn for 16 hours and then the next day when i finally got my mask i was number 1 on the list and we had 0 masks in 15h 30m but 3 spawns. in my time observing spawns that is 32/32 PHs and then 28/31 PHs on a supposed 20-25% spawn rate. i know people like to use the argument "RNG BUDDY HEEEE HEEEE" or "thats a small sample size", but 63 spawns isn't really that small of a sample size statistically for a single random observation. maybe if we were talking sample size for a multivariate linear regression, but i am sure the uneducated will try to tell me im wrong.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"drop rates / spawn rates have not changed"... OP i experienced the same thing trying to get my mask the other day. First day the assassin didnt even spawn for 16 hours and then the next day when i finally got my mask i was number 1 on the list and we had 0 masks in 15h 30m but 3 spawns. in my time observing spawns that is 32/32 PHs and then 28/31 PHs on a supposed 20-25% spawn rate. i know people like to use the argument "RNG BUDDY HEEEE HEEEE" or "thats a small sample size", but 63 spawns isn't really that small of a sample size statistically for a single random observation. maybe if we were talking sample size for a multivariate linear regression, but i am sure the uneducated will try to tell me im wrong.
Like I said, p99 RNG is just super, super streaky. It's come up a few times since green launch on the forums and basically nobody disagrees. Way too many streaks (3 resists in a row on a mob with an overall 8% resist rate, 30 PHs in a row on a mob with a 10-30% spawn chance, no skillups for 15 minutes then 3 in 15 seconds, etc) happen on a daily basis instead of once in a blue moon to believe that the RNG is truly be random.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:26 AM
Kobold

tecmos you cant be serious man... you cant code "streaky rng"... the rates either just arent as good/bad as you think they are or the "streakyness" happens less frequently than people claim. "streakyness" when related to average rates only really applies to sports where players legitimately perform better in short intervals of time (e.g., a batter hitting 5/5 in a game when he is a career .200 batter). things that are computer calculated will always diverge to their mean over time... you cant tell me 63 spawns over two days is just "hee hee streaky rng bruh always been like this!" the wiki is just probably wrong and the spawn rate is probably 10% or 5%
Old 01-23-2020, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tecmos you cant be serious man... you cant code "streaky rng"... the rates either just arent as good/bad as you think they are or the "streakyness" happens less frequently than people claim. "streakyness" when related to average rates only really applies to sports where players legitimately perform better in short intervals of time (e.g., a batter hitting 5/5 in a game when he is a career .200 batter). things that are computer calculated will always diverge to their mean over time... you cant tell me 63 spawns over two days is just "hee hee streaky rng bruh always been like this!" the wiki is just probably wrong and the spawn rate is probably 10% or 5%
Do you know how RNG works?

The shit is easily verified. You can fight the same exact mob forever, have an average resist rate on a given resist type of 10%, but still see 3 resists in a row happen every couple hours for days on end. The odds of that happening are worse than me getting hit by a meteor before I finish typing this sentence. Either the RNG is not very random or there is some mechanic at work that accomplishes a similar result (like variable resistances or a specific streak code).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-23-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Closed Thread