Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Default ZEM chart wiki question for Loramin

Posting just incase anyone else feels the interest in undertaking something similar.

My wiz is in Najena, and I was annoyed that the ZEM "felt" lower than what is listed on the wiki. So I took note of my yellow bar position, noted the number of kills I had and their levels, used the exp formulas from the wiki, and determined that Najena actually has a ZEM of 100 (give or take), not the 130 listed.

(I was slightly more than 1 yellow from level 25 as a gnome wizard, I called it 22% of my level left. I killed 9 spiders of levels 20-22 (I got hit while sitting to verify levels of several spidies) to ding 25 and entered 25 with no visible yellow bar. Given the exp required to get through level 24 from https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience_table * 1.1 for wizard exp mod * .22 for the amount of 24 I earned from 9 kills / 9 said kills / 21 / 21 for the average-ish level of mobs (see https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience for exp awarded for kills formula) = 100ish ZEM)

I'll probably keep track of my progress in 25 for a bit too to make sure it wasn't a fluke, but yeah, even if my numbers were a bit off for the % I needed based on eyeballing my yellow bar or for the precise levels of the mobs I fought, there's no way the ZEM could be 130.

ANYWAY. Loramin! Do I just go ahead and edit the chart at https://wiki.project1999.com/Recomme...s_and_ZEM_List, or should I stick a note in there somewhere about "observed ZEMs on green99 as of _____ date" or something?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-07-2020 at 12:54 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, I definitely have to break the gifs out for this: this is exactly how we fix the wiki ZEMS!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now, to be fair, I'm not sure if your data is enough to give us statistical certainty (any stats buffs willing to weigh in?) ... but even if your number is a little off, it's bound to be way more accurate than what we have (which was based on old unclassic EQEmu numbers, from what I understand).

In any case, you rock! And yes, please do edit the wiki. I'd just add either your research details, or maybe just a link to this thread (it's shorter), and I don't think you even need to add it to the page itself: if you just add it in your edit message it will be there on the history tab, which should be good enough if anyone ever questions where it came from.

Also, each zone (or at least most) has their ZEM listed on their zone page, so feel free to update the Najena page itself too.

One last note though: I know Dolalain submitted a bug with evidence for more classic ZEMs. It sounds like you didn't go out of your way to get these numbers, but still you might want to hold off on further research until the fruit of his research is patched in (because who knows: Najena or any other zone, might change when that happens?)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-07-2020 at 01:32 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

I won't edit based off 9 kills. But by the time I finish a level here, I'll be confident enough that I know the real ZEM to change it. I really don't think it's actually 130. I don't think it's as low as 100 anymore though.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't edit based off 9 kills. But by the time I finish a level here, I'll be confident enough that I know the real ZEM to change it. I really don't think it's actually 130. I don't think it's as low as 100 anymore though.
I never took stats (and laughed at my numerous Psych friends that had to), so while I understand the basic ideas, I don't know the math to tell you "we need ____ kills to be certain". Psych is a popular major though (and other majors require Statistics too of course), so surely we have someone here who can chime in with a number that has the correct "R coefficient" (or whatever)?

But again, let's not let "perfect be the enemy of the good". I think waiting until you have as much data as possible is smart, but also ... if the actual ZEM is 110, and the wiki has 130 ... but you change it to 105 or 115 ... we're still better with your change than without it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

I have a paladin that has leveled exclusively on the three skeletons and spiders in Najena from 24-27. I also have logs if you would like them.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Classic zem for Najena was 80, so this is pretty interesting.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=12
Last edited by Dolalin; 02-07-2020 at 02:04 PM..
Old 02-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Lower Guk zem on that page is definitely wrong.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Could it also be that our data for things like the experience table and how much the mobs should be worth in EXP are off rather than the ZEM?
Old 02-07-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

It might be the case that mobs are worth more raw xp here on P99. No way to tell without mind-controlling someone with database access.

Is anyone a telepath?
Old 02-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It might be the case that mobs are worth more raw xp here on P99. No way to tell without mind-controlling someone with database access.

Is anyone a telepath?
Or I guess less in this case since TD is saying the EXP is slower
Closed Thread