Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Orc

Default Experience Penalties?

Krait here, noobin it up again.

I can see on the p99 wiki the racial experience penalties but I don't see any class penalties despite other posts mentioning it. Can someone break down all the penalties or point me to where it is already done? Does it stack or is it multiplicative?

I also have questions of the effect of these penalties? Are they noticeable? Are they truly made up for by other balance or will they really make it take longer to level? Will groups out level me to the point I'd need to re- group lower?

Thanks,
-Krait
Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Hybrid penalties are 40%, which covers:-

Paladins
Shadow Knights
Rangers
Bards

If you combine say, a SK and a troll together the penalty is 67 or 68%. Not quite sure on the formula but someone will know - its 40% hybrid penalty with a 20% troll racial penalty, how people get the 67-68% I don't know.

Is it noticeable? Got my SK to 41 twice and delevelled to 40 and its the most slow going experience I've ever taken part in...its noticeable. Just logging the cleric in there's a noticeable difference.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

By Class:
Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%
Monk -20%
Wizard / Magician / Enchanter / Necromancer -10%
Rogue +9%
Warrior +10%

Penalties are multiplicative.

You will notice them solo for sure, but if its your only character you won't really have a baseline to compare to, so who cares? :-)
Old 06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes, you'll be outleveled; yes, the penalties are noticeable. But in the long run you'll be happier with a class you enjoy that has a huge penalty. Wouldn't want to end up playing Level 60 Jobyoudontreallylikethatmuch just to get to 60 faster.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By Class:
Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%
Monk -20%
Wizard / Magician / Enchanter / Necromancer -10%
Rogue +9%
Warrior +10%

You will notice them solo for sure, but if its your only character you won't really have a baseline to compare to, so who cares? :-)
What about druids and Shaman? seems like the exp is a bit slower for them.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about druids and Shaman? seems like the exp is a bit slower for them.
Nope. Iksar/Troll shaman, however, do have a racial penalty. (not sure about Barb?)
Old 06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you combine say, a SK and a troll together the penalty is 67 or 68%. Not quite sure on the formula but someone will know - its 40% hybrid penalty with a 20% troll racial penalty, how people get the 67-68% I don't know.

This means that a Shadowknight (1.4 xp needed per 1 a cleric needs) and a Troll (1.2 xp needed per 1 a wood elf needs) are combined, you need 1.4*1.2=1.68 xp per 1 xp that a wood elf druid needs.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Kobold

What was the rationale for making monks -20? Just curious.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4z3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This means that a Shadowknight (1.4 xp needed per 1 a cleric needs) and a Troll (1.2 xp needed per 1 a wood elf needs) are combined, you need 1.4*1.2=1.68 xp per 1 xp that a wood elf druid needs.
Yes! Thanks dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...as for monks at 20%, feign death and mend probably saves them enough deaths to offset the penalty? Just a guess.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Large Rat

Didn't SOE do away with the class based xp penalties? If so I assume it happened after Velious?

If you ask me, it's one thing that is good about current Everquest. There's little reason that I can think of for why certain classes would have an xp penalty while others do not. It makes sense for races, just not classes.
Closed Thread