Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

usally for one, the better weapons you have, better agro you can hold

for instance, if you have good proc weapons for your lvl, the better, by lvl 37 you should be able to buy two yaks, but just get the best weapons you can, and keep your taunt up
Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Kobold

All you need to do is get 2 Ykeshan War Clubs. You won't lose aggro. provided you are the level req' for them to proc.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All you need to do is get 2 Ykeshan War Clubs. You won't lose aggro. provided you are the level req' for them to proc.
The War Club has 1 more damage than the Short Sword of the Ykesha, the same delay (so same PPM), doesn't proc until 3 levels higher, and looks like ass compared to the SSOY. Personally, I'd take the 2SSoYs which can be purchased for dirt cheap now.

Can someone explain how SSoYs tanked in value so hard?

O, and does the snare fromSilken Whip of Ensnaring generate more aggro than SSoY? Basically, why is something with a -5AC mod a better tanking weapon than something without a negative AC mod?
Last edited by falkun; 07-14-2011 at 08:10 AM..
Old 07-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned

Alternatives are now abundant. There is less of a demand for them regardless of their effectiveness not having changed.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alternatives are now abundant. There is less of a demand for them regardless of their effectiveness not having changed.
And this is why I'm an engineer, because I would fail Econ101. Thanks.

(not sarcastic)
Old 07-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

at lower levels wars can compensate for low aggrro generation with twink gear. that doesnt really help for non twinks or people with level appropriate gear. warriors were a broken class in classic. nothing challenging about them, they just dont work. they are incapable of doing their job using level appropriate gear on level appropriate content. warriors were not fixed until around the 4th expansion.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Sarnak

Might be too late to change opinions, but I used a gnoll hide lariat and an obsidian shard with a full suit of banded on my warrior untill i started working on my Crafted quests around lvl 30. I used the lariat/shard until the 40's when I finally got yaks. The only thing that really makes warrior tanking more difficult now is the proccing formula's have changed a bit so make friends with a shaman and get some dex buffs.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

severly nerfing your dmg output by using the lariate isnt really a viable solution for hunting in your 30~40s. yes you can hold aggro a little better. but now you are contributing nothing to the group. a knight or ranger can tank with a big honking 2 hander doing double attacks well over 200 dmg and hold aggro with flame lick/snare or disease cloud/darkness all day long.

meanwhile the war with the gimp weapons contributes no dps and still ping pongs aggro when they dont proc.

but hey its classic!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koventhia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to know exactly how bad Warrior aggro is. I know that they rely pretty much entirely on auto attack damage + procs for aggro, and that you have to have specific weapons with good aggro procs ( Gnoll Hide Lariat/ Obsidian Shard, Polished Granite Tomahawk etc) or your aggro generation will bite, but is that the end of it?

I've been hearing that taunt is really screwed up on this server, and that even with decent weapons that have aggro procs that Warriors can't hold aggro worth a damn. Is this just hyperbole or is there truth to it? I'm interested in playing a tank as I was able to aquire a set of Banded Mail (being a new player I guess I should run with any advantage I can get) but there is no way I can deal with a 40% exp penalty, so Warrior it is. Just worried about all this talk about them having terrible, terrible aggro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many people forget that warrior agro was very similar on live during the Kunark era. Warriors weren't supposed to be able to snap agro like SK's/Pallys.

Just gotta wait til you see three sunders on the mob.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just gotta wait til you see three sunders on the mob.
if only EQ had sunder! then wars might work. execute would be nice too!
Closed Thread