Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the /corpse didn't seem to have such a short range and feel so laggy on this server it would not be as big of a deal to me. I could be misremembering the range, but I swear it's only about 60% of the distance that it was on Live.
This is probably a by-product of server/client interaction currently. There have been tweaks to NPC/Corpse/PC updates, so if this is something within say, the past 2 weeks of play, it is probably related to that and should improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

I had 1.5 mps dsl in 2000. 9600 too low.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 02-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Kobold

The worst was when you weren't done loading but you were "physically" in the zone. Died to so many trains that way.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had 1.5 mps dsl in 2000. 9600 too low.
I never EQ'd on Dial-up either. Cable internet showed up about the same time here. Co-inky-dink!

But 9600 evens the playing field, will bring back people lagging out and crashing on raids. And zones getting laggy when they hit 100 people. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never EQ'd on Dial-up either. Cable internet showed up about the same time here. Co-inky-dink!

But 9600 evens the playing field, will bring back people lagging out and crashing on raids. And zones getting laggy when they hit 100 people. =D
The ultimate classic experience is shouting, "laaaaaggggg." Make it so.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Can we randomly disconnect players? Having a stable connection is in no way classic.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Kobold

The only thing I remember about /corpse and /consent from classic was running 5 meters, doing a 180, then typing /corpse, then turning away, then running another 5, turning to face the corpse again, and typing /corpse. Usually by then I'd be in a safe enough place to loot.

Oh, and then the day I learned you could type /cor (/c and /co would be abbreviated forms of /con), and that you didn't have to face the corpse to drag it. That really sped things up.

But then, one day in Wakening Lands, I saw a corpse dragging itself past me really really fast! I actually stopped what I was doing because I was laughing hysterically at this obvious hacker and getting ready to petition them. I mean I knew they were invis, but how could they possibly type /cor that fast? HAX

Your memory of corpse dragging is a little different. I didn't discover all that newfangled fancypants autoconsent raid or auto corpse drag stuff until a week after PoP.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we randomly disconnect players? Having a stable connection is in no way classic.
True very true. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm not mistaken, in Velious some mobs will aggro you for dragging a corpse too close to them? This would be a good reason to maintain the old /corpse
Yup, giants in kael would for sure. That I remember. /Corpse is as classic as it gets. The corpsedrag features was way after velious if I remember correctly.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

I remember having a 56k modem when I started everquest. That was about the same time I quit playing warcraft 2 on ipx (kali). hah.
Closed Thread