Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by botrainer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't agree. Aftermath and Awakened would love this, would make their style of lamer loser "raiding" easier to manipulate.
Then you clearly don't understand what I was talking about lol.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best patch in 3 years
No!!! That will be monk trip attack!
Old 09-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by botrainer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't agree. Aftermath and Awakened would love this, would make their style of lamer loser "raiding" easier to manipulate.
did this guy ever get a mage epic?
Old 09-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did this guy ever get a mage epic?
10/10
Old 09-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you clearly don't understand what I was talking about lol.
I do, once it went live, it would be practiced and worked for the next few days to figure out how far is to far, what to do, how to do, when to do it. By the time next set of spawns it would be figured out. The pulls would be easily done, with fewer pullers, quicker pulls, and no worry of mobs coming back to train the raid.

Best fix is this, adjust spawn windows, make it 2 days 12 hours up to 7 days 12 hours long. This ensures after server resets that spawns will be so often, and so broken up it would be impossible to have people on stand by to kill and track or footrace. Sadly stacking a spawn window in a 24 hour span is the problem. Making that window 5 days long that could/would repeat itself for the same set of mobs just 2 and half days after the mob died would end this relentless cockblocking contest this server has. Brings back the guessing like we had back in classic 'what's the spawn timer??'...something that this server hasn't had.

Now, now, now, I know there are going to be people who will say "OH WE DID EXTENDED WINDOWS IT WAS TERRIBLE!!!! OMGGGGGGGG!!" Extended windows was possibly the worse idea ever. The math works on extended windows to only have 2 spawns a month (much more of a reason to cockblock a mob), the math on this idea raises the number of spawns a month from 4 to 5 spawns a month(currently) to 5 to 12 spawns a month(with my plan).

What guild could withstand attempting to cockblock mobs by requiring 29 to 30 days of the month to be tracking..and after 2 weeks, it would be 24 hour around the clock tracking for mobs everywhere.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What guild could withstand attempting to cockblock mobs by requiring 29 to 30 days of the month to be tracking..and after 2 weeks, it would be 24 hour around the clock tracking for mobs everywhere.
Hardcore guilds will always find out it's up first.

If windows were 24/7 but there were no runners, we'd actually use far fewer man-hours weekly.
Last edited by Victorio; 09-05-2016 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

They'll put in more effort yes Victorio, there will always be mobs that are near impossible but it opens up the rest of the server and lower end Velious all of Kunark mobs to other guilds (mostly speaking of VP, Trakanon).

http://imgur.com/a/6BMQQ

That should answer Computer Blue's question.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Mobs not running after players that are far enough away would definitely complicate things. I'm sure everyone would figure out how to pull anyway eventually, but it wouldn't be nearly as trivial at least.

The reality is that EQ mechanics simply do not support multiple guilds in the same zone going for the same raid target. EQ is designed as a dungeon crawl: the players kill the minions and eventually come face to face with the boss. This doesn't work in a 'competitive' environment, because the guild who kills the last minion always loses. So it always turns into "kite half the zone while everyone desyncs" idiocy.

Repops are a big improvement there as they tend to spread guilds out through multiple zones, but it still leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I do, once it went live, it would be practiced and worked for the next few days to figure out how far is to far, what to do, how to do, when to do it. By the time next set of spawns it would be figured out. The pulls would be easily done, with fewer pullers, quicker pulls, and no worry of mobs coming back to train the raid.
You were correct in the bold. After that you were way off.

No pull would currently be doable. The general chase distance on live for these zones, if you go test it right now, ranges between 200-600'. If you're curious, Remedy is 200'.

From North to WToV exit is well over 1000' I believe. Any pull done by TL box would fail. Pulls would actually require monks and SKs to tag stuff, and the deeper in stuff would most likely require clearing or CotHing in to kill. Man would that change things up haha.

All the extend variance nonsense is stupid. That wouldn't fix it. Before the most recent server down the windows were 24/7 anyways, not much changed from what I heard.

At this point, just set raid mob respawn to 2 hours and permaroot it all. Let people herpderp all they want.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe we will, in time.

Now the code is there it's a simple matter of changing the threshold.
server has been put on notice ^^
Closed Thread