Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default Career Advice

Arguably the most interesting facet of the online game Everquest is its homogeneous community of diverse socioeconomic classes and backgrounds. Where else would you see a drug addict having an intense conversation with a millionaire over current events or imaginary items? They might even be friends. The drug addict might be the millionaire and he's just ranting to himself. Point is some people here have made it and some people definitely haven't; however, unlike Everquest, American life isn't necessarily a meritocracy.

If you're doing OK in life and you're comfortable sharing how you got there, please do. there might be some unconventional advice others not doing so well can use, like ass pennies or something.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Posting in RnF (RIP) out of habit. Move to OT please.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:06 PM
Banned

that's not what homogenous means

heterogenous

the difference is mostly erogenous
Old 08-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Whatevergenious.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

I’m a mascot as a side job for an expensive school on the east coast, got my foot in the door for being the lakers mascot but I hate LA and this was 3 weeks before Lebron joined them.

The only way I even got into mascoting 3 years ago was a buddy I worked with saw I needed help after I got a wreck less driving ticket for smoking a joint.
and my personality fit.

Do exactly what you want and don’t pass up Up stuff cause ya mostly who you know anyways
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

I bet that's fun as hell.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like to dance almost uncontrollably? Energetic? Like going into your attic mid summer for for an hour or two 2-3 times a week?

Perfect job,

Also must know who to deal with kids with out talking to them
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Banned

Professional Yiffer
Old 08-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for starting this Thread Cecily. I think it's a great idea for people to share how they are making a living, and also where the money is at.

I'm in Real estate and new construction home sales. The money is pretty good, I'm on route to make over $100k this year, but last year I only made around $80k. In my area the average household income is around 65k so I feel like I'm doing pretty well, but I also feel like the kind of work I do is knocking years off of my life because of the stress. I worked construction before this as a block and stone mason and really enjoyed it, but the money just wasn't there when I stopped 4 years ago. My step brothers are still in the masonry business and I often want to go back to that, but I also don't want to cut my income in half.

I've looked into long haul trucking and if you become an owner operator, there is potential to make upwards of $180k a year. It's a lot of work, but to be your own boss and see the country, sounds great to me.

I hope more people share what they do, I'm always looking for inspiration, even if it is from an elf sim forum.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually said something similar to a hell's angel once. That was the wrong thing to say.
Closed Thread