Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-07-2023, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how there's just no conceivable way that anyone could not want that shit on their forums so it must be a giant black money conspiracy with nefarious hedge funds leveraging influence over a 10 year old emulator that doesn't even make money.
The only person who registered objection prior to the change ended up having to use blocking software because they liked it so much.

Keep your opinions off other people.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is IP of Daybreak Game Company LLC, Daybreak wants to do business with major lenders who are influenced by BlackRock

don't take my word for it, listen to BlackRock CEO Larry Fink

There is a great subreddit about a similar phobia, the "scissor-naughts" community.

When you go into a salon or barber, do you actually get what you want? No. This is as old as the Stanford Prison Experiment. You like the haircut no?

Yes you do. But there is no physical way you can actually see what it looks like. The customer can never see what the person who cut it saw, and did.

"I like it!" you say.

Yes, you do. Because you have been told to. Same as what Blackrock does. What everything does. It's the Gestell, baby.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestell
Old 06-07-2023, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 takes donations.
A driving force behind this game and community is a passion for the game.
Staff work for free.

By the way just keep in mind:
The Rubin Report is a conservative political news talk show hosted by Dave Rubin.
-He has his audience he needs to entertain. I am sure he hits his ceiling when he only focuses on his base.
Please explain how Rubin being conservative has anything to do with the clip from Mr. Fink? I mean, besides the part where you want to ignore any voices not a part of your far left echo chamber?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2023, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please explain how Rubin being conservative has anything to do with the clip from Mr. Fink? I mean, besides the part where you want to ignore any voices not a part of your far left echo chamber?
Include all content not just the agenda. Rubin wasn't truthful.
Old 06-07-2023, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vorsprung durch Geistgestaltung
Last edited by aussenseiter; 06-07-2023 at 04:35 PM..
Old 06-07-2023, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Oder, Vorsprung durch technik Geistgestaltung, nicht wahr?

You can always unplug / plug in different combos of things and get lots of unintended consequences. Still within the Gestell, but qualitatively different. Kind of like Kilgore on the beach. Or Les Paul's first electric guitar.

And it's not even hard. Lots of folks stuck in moment-lock. Just getting rid of moment-lock would be like growing wings for some of the folks around here. Moment-lock is when you only think about things that are right now. That is on the individual.

Some people here are just into making last stands and batting at lost causes. The only last stand I am into is Achilles'.

Sweet.
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 06-07-2023 at 05:23 PM..
Old 06-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oder, Vorsprung durch technik Geistgestaltung, nicht wahr?

You can always unplug / plug in different combos of things and get lots of unintended consequences. Still within the Gestell, but qualitatively different. Kind of like Kilgore on the beach. Or Les Paul's first electric guitar.

And it's not even hard. Lots of folks stuck in moment-lock. Just getting rid of moment-lock would be like growing wings for some of the folks around here. Moment-lock is when you only think about things that are right now. That is on the individual.

Some people here are just into making last stands and batting at lost causes. The only last stand I am into is Achilles'.

Sweet.
The hedgies are not necessarily malevolent, but they aren't not doing stuff to us.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

And when has that not been the case? Careful....

That's always how it is. In fact, "moment lock" is kind of a misnomer.

People notice things at different rates and levels or curves of intensity. When I was real little my family watched All In the Family. It took them until the second season to realize, the show was *not* about Archie setting people straight. I'm not kidding. Then it became forbidden TV.

People were giggling to Divine before they knew who Divine was. And Paris was Burning long before Tony asked about it in a phone call with Carmella as a writer's joke in The Soprano's.

But let's cut to the chase. As some have said, just wait till we get to the cyberpunk stage. In some wats it6's alredy HaPPenneD

Hey, why is it called black ice? Why not yellow ice? Why not orange? Why's it gotta be black ice?

-- failed Black sci-fi nerd comedy routine, 1989.

The Techno-viking is retired and knitting wool socks for sick children in his old age and slow kids still screaming about wierdos on the internet. This is just what it's gonna be like for a while.
Last edited by Sadre Spinegnawer; 06-07-2023 at 05:54 PM..
Old 06-21-2023, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

this aggravates my misoneism.