Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joining the zerg means less pixels too
and i get that. tit for tat - id rather raid casually in a zerg, saving up my dkp, than spaz out over rotations, lawyerquest, etc
Old 10-13-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

In month two The Hole will open and people on blue blast through 55 to 60 in like a week with the new buffed ZEM.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and i get that. tit for tat - id rather raid casually in a zerg, saving up my dkp, than spaz out over rotations, lawyerquest, etc
Yeah I'm not making value judgements on anyone for sure. But on green its like there's no choice. On blue (or back in the old days) you can pick a different guild and still at least get something, still at least have a decent shot at your epic bottlenecks even if you were never getting Vulak or ST loot. Right now it seems like you're either ST or you might as well not raid.

Now this isn't ST's "fault" per se, or that this makes them evil (they might be IDK), and of course its contingent on other guilds to step up and give them better competition. But at this point it really seems like there's no stopping the monopoly. I'm doubting the green population increases drastically enough in Kunark to lead to other guilds with the size to really go up against them, hopefully/maybe I'm wrong about that part.

They have all the momentum, all the infrastructure, all the shared toons, and all the recruiting draw for both new applicants and poached members from competitors. Plus time is on their side because green is basically a speedrun race server rather than a timelocked forever community where you can choose to slowly build up an opposition force little by little.

So instead of picking which team of the server community you want to be a part of, you are either choosing ST or choosing not to raid. And that doesn't feel like a very dynamic or interesting raid experience for some of us.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

The bright side for Kunark-proper (pre epics, pre VT, and most importantly pre Velious) is that there's a lot of stuff to fill your EQ time more casually. If you got your planar armor already, or are in a guild who can, then there's tons of supplemental items to fill the gaps from classic which don't require raiding.

You can, for example, farm with friends or save up to buy a heiro cloak, and that's pretty much as good as it gets for most any class in Kunark if you don't need resists for raid dragons. There's a bunch of things like that in Kunark, all the droppable spells for class progression, etc.

Plus of course the big grind to 60 itself to fill your time. So in defense of Kunark itself, there's a reason so many people find it the best expansion of the classic age, it offers a lot for everyone really. Assuming every loot camp isn't just perma socked by enchanters for the majority of the rest of the server's life I guess.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have faith Green server raiding in Kunark + Velious will be less drama compared to Blue.
Not sure if you actually said that with a straight face but a guildmate of mine articulated a perfect & accurate response.

Quote:
That guy nuked an established meta, which was fairly cut and dry, to replace it with his own favored meta, racing, that has people using illusions to inch forward past one another. To top it all off he's not reading petitions, he's just tossing them out. And now he's sarcastic about blue being a cluster. Like wat? He's a responsible party lol.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

that's cute that you think the people in """power""" are going to give up their """"power"""" to do you a favor.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:47 PM
Aviak

This server is a speed run of what P99 Blue was. People already know what opens and approx at what point to be ready for those steps.

IE, Kunark drops, zerg kills all raid targets in hour 1. By the next week, everyone in the zerg guild will be 55 to 60, by end of month one, zerg guild has all their mains, main alts, shared toons level 60 and camped out all over the place to dry hump every spawn while still getting up 52's for the evenually naggy/vox level change.

Meanwhile, same zerg guild dry humps King camp for Fungi staffs to use to PL more shared toons, dry humps every item removed from game spawn until removed. Completely doming every spawn and farm site to get the key spells for many classes.

I would put money on exactly what zerg guild will do to get Trakanon down, Train kite and zerg him like they did in Kunark on Blue. Blue taught the zerg leadership what to do and how to get away with it. Without the removal of the rotten players (but only a short 7 day) that makes the raiding unfriendly to people who dont like to sit at the computer for 20 hours in a row to get 3 mobs, it is nearly pointless to raid. Creating trains to get FTE and dropping the train when you lose fte knowingly training the competition just isnt legit.

Bottom line. Raiding isnt fun this way.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

If we did this Lord Nagafen then would live longer than 5 minutes after he spawns, this is not how things are done here
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 10-13-2020, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have faith Green server raiding in Kunark + Velious will be less drama compared to Blue.

Going to need: A strict ruleset with Strong Penalties.
Which is not happening on Blue.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to need: A strict ruleset with Strong Penalties.
Which is not happening on Blue.
The strong penalties on blue carried enough punitive punishment that guilds started to play nice instead of averaging a raid guild getting a suspension every 1.5 months from 2016 to 2020.

Oh wait.
Turboshok - Firiona Vie Project - retired
Turbosilk/Dangeres/Turboshock - Green - Retired
Dangeres/Turbosilk - Blue - Retired
Turbosilk - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Wizard - retired
Dangeres - Tunare/Firiona Vie - 60 Shaman - retired
Closed Thread