Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have faith Green server raiding in Kunark + Velious will be less drama compared to Blue.
You obviously haven't been here long enough to realize just how truly depraved and shameless this community is.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:31 PM
Banned

On the one hand I always wished they'd extend kunark a bit for green\subsequent servers, because for the amount of content it provides it doesn't last nearly long enough for most of the playerbase. On the other hand it might make velious here more interesting because things won't be *as* top heavy when velious launches. On live I didn't get my shaman epic until like right before luclin, and I was only able to get it with a coalition of different guilds none of whom I had to pay, I just had some friends in each. That was a pretty cool time.
Old 10-16-2020, 08:33 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You obviously haven't been here long enough to realize just how truly depraved and shameless this community is.
I'm an OG
Old 10-16-2020, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm an OG
then you're either deluded or clueless
Old 10-17-2020, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm an OG
Sorry but in my opinion and experience Green is and was more toxic after the first week than I've ever experienced in blue, and I've been on blue on and off since late 09 excluding breaks for eqmac. I don't think I've seen more griefing, cheating, lieing etc than green ever in EQ.

Teal was a significantly nicer place to play while it was open, with far less boxing, less dudes in seal team lieing to hold camps and bumping guildies up lists etc. Teal felt a lot more community focussed for most of its existence.

My hope for kunark on green is that all content is rotated hard, with the hand of god forcing adherance to it. Given how exploited green is and the abundance of 50's already, it's as if skyfire and chardok AE have existed there already...#everfrost4life. It wont be healthy in the slightest.

The only hope for making a server healthy is having defined tiers of players, where only the most committed are at the top. The moment 'casuals' (for the sake of argument, >40hr/week players) are able to access high end content it all falls apart and entitlement shoots through the roof. These folks should still be struggling to level in KC when epics are released, not prepared for it with 2 60's banked.
Old 10-17-2020, 02:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but in my opinion and experience Green is and was more toxic after the first week than I've ever experienced in blue, and I've been on blue on and off since late 09 excluding breaks for eqmac. I don't think I've seen more griefing, cheating, lieing etc than green ever in EQ.

Teal was a significantly nicer place to play while it was open, with far less boxing, less dudes in seal team lieing to hold camps and bumping guildies up lists etc. Teal felt a lot more community focussed for most of its existence.

My hope for kunark on green is that all content is rotated hard, with the hand of god forcing adherance to it. Given how exploited green is and the abundance of 50's already, it's as if skyfire and chardok AE have existed there already...#everfrost4life. It wont be healthy in the slightest.

The only hope for making a server healthy is having defined tiers of players, where only the most committed are at the top. The moment 'casuals' (for the sake of argument, >40hr/week players) are able to access high end content it all falls apart and entitlement shoots through the roof. These folks should still be struggling to level in KC when epics are released, not prepared for it with 2 60's banked.
wat
Old 10-17-2020, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hope for kunark on green is that all content is rotated hard, with the hand of god forcing adherance to it.
You should know already that this isn't happening. The staff here doesn't force rules on the players, they enforce agreements that the players come to themselves and the players (ST) aren't about to agree to any such thing.

I wasn't around for the R/C rotations or whatever, was that player conceived or did the GM's think it up and force it on everyone?
Old 10-17-2020, 07:49 AM
Banned

green/blue after playinf red from launch to velious end i can say without a doubt green/blue is FAR more toxic, and manipulative of staff. I imagine galach might not feel that way cause he got got from plane of sky that one time on red. which imo was pretty funny lol.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

The sweaty tryhards have had Blue as their playground for 10+ years. You would think that would be enough time to satisfy pixel lust and agree to bag limits on Green. Nope, gotta dominate that too. And Mauve server in 3 years or whatever when we start all over again.

Neckbeards will be on oxygen in their deathbeds in 2045 shooing away the nurse trying to give them a spongebath and a sympathy handjob just so they can log on their level 52 and deny casuals some Naggy pixels in late Velious.

Can we start requesting now that the next iteration of PVE servers start with a Green and Teal type split, but advertise one to be hardcore competition and one to be casual rotation, and keep them separate?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-17-2020, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

I've been in favor of bag limits for like 6 years now. That and severe xp reductions to limit the amount of max level alts.
Closed Thread