Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspa0700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you mistake calling for the end of the server, and recognizing it.
I'm pretty sure 90% of the server population gives two shits about this change and for every person that is butthurt about this theres double the people that are excited about it.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspa0700 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you posted this tells me you don't know. It's cool. I hope levelling at orc highway is fun for you.

But yes. There are some legendary pull team members at the top end. People who made mind blowing plays, week after week, in what was a remarkably awesome raid scene.
What's crazy is the fact that all of this done specifically to break the game and play it in a way it was never intended due to gross overcrowding. To anyone who did the content during the appropriate time frame on live, pulling a ToV dragon to the zone to kill it with 90 people and an 18 cleric rotation is the most lame thing ever even conceived on Everquest.

Sure, the pullers are skilled. Of course they practice on their very own servers and use thousands of plat worth of expendables on each pull. Everyone else is just a zerg.

So no, it's about as lame a raid scene as is possible on a game called Everquest.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:59 AM
Banned

nerds
Old 02-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The fact that you posted this tells me you don't know. It's cool. I hope levelling at orc highway is fun for you.

But yes. There are some legendary pull team members at the top end. People who made mind blowing plays, week after week, in what was a remarkably awesome raid scene.
Actual lol. We wuz legends dawg (on an emulated version of a game released in 1999 with a playerbase of around 1200). Glad you spent so much time of your life to achieve that "legend" status, lul.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

there is nothing fun about variance windows and staring at a wall for a chance to kill a mob that was cleared day 1 of release

the loot does not help you or your guild at all, what is wrong with you to enjoy the current p99 raid scene?

godbless rotations
Old 02-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the sad state of this server is that there exists a group of sociopaths that vehemently believe that your level of time commitment precludes you from deserving raid loot, and will go to great lengths (poopsocking, 2am batphones, petitionquest, etc.) to enforce that to the best of their ability.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Long past retirement age for the "legends of p99".
Old 02-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Kobold

Being able to log in for a batphone and kill a dragon >5 minutes in some instances with your elf pals is the very definition of casual. Yes, there are those socking the shit out of targets to make this a reality, but thats their prerogative and they should be rewarded for the time spent no matter what you may think of their life choices/how they spend their time.

The argument that there were never FTE races, train ups, etc didn't exist in 99 and thus shouldn't be a thing now is laughable at best. Game mechanics can be controlled. How people interact with said mechanics on a progression locked server however, cannot. Obviously the way the game is played will evolve over time, especially with the level of knowledge regarding the aforementioned being so readily available.

This is a free to play server and nothing is owed to anyone. That said, outside of enforcing things like boxing and RMT and the like, GMs should have zero involvement. Let the player base self regulate and end the petition quest that brought us to this thread in the first place.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You seriously may as well have just deleted the server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's a good thing though
I wouldn't have got the uber l33t gear I lusted after so much back in the day, that serve no helpful purpose other than to say I have them and get that brief fleeting of feeling superior to that High Elf running around EC in a green silken drape... "yeah I am now awesome.. only 20 years too late"

Its just entertainment to me, something steady to do. TBH if they did delete/wipe the server it would be a classic experience for me since I never got the cool stuff back in the day.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
There are some legendary pull team members at the top end. People who made mind blowing plays, week after week, in what was a remarkably awesome raid scene.
Legendary self obsession. mind blowing post.