Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 03:13 AM
Sarnak

Default Server state and future growth. NO RNF.

I recently (about 10days ago) came back to R99 and have been playing quite alot since.

What i saw during my first days on the server was kinda good, two big sides contesting most content, a big fun community where every single spawn was a mayor server-happening.

Azrael/Curse/Domingueros De Norrath/Force/Flowers even took a few mobs from Nihilum and game looked really fun post 50. Gave (atlmeast me) a reason to grind to be able to join in on the fun.

Then server got restarted for maintainance and all of a sudden Azrael are quiting the game? Whats up with that?

Every good pvp server needs
a) a powerhouse guild
b) a strong contender and underdog
c) people willing to balance the scales between the two.

The server had all of these factors during the last two weeks. I personally have no clue how the administration of Azrael was, but to quit when you have finally taken some even ground seems pretty dumb from my standpoint.

People are always gonna guildhop, conflicts will always happend, but to throw in the towel when one or two members quit is just dumb.

There is still a big unguilded part of the population getting higher levels, so to keep two fighting sides wont really be a problem.

Please dont make the server a ghost town.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

guildleader burnt out for a good reason

people arguing over nothing, people jumping ship for promised loots

id say its mostly due to the shady people talking the big talk internally then eventually jump over to the people they talked so much shit about, there's no honor among pixel frenzied kids these days

its almost impossible to compete as underdog when nihis guildleader is throwing pixels your way, if you're not a legit motherfucker like myself you'll fall right into the trap
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

the new frontier is unrest around lvl 40, with or against the champs of the server.. flowers of happiness
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:23 AM
Banned

people burnt out from taking mobs from nihilum and pushing them into our primetime in heroic fashion only to have the server reset the very next day during nihilum's primetime

this has happened multiple times now
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Excellent. When the server collapses again ill be there to fix it. It's what I do
Old 04-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Fire Giant

Why not blue things up a tiny bit and work out a temporary rotation? I know it's completely unrealistic, but if Nihilum really did appreciate the competition and wanted to help the server grow I'd hope they would consider it.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:55 AM
Banned

lol

the problem is that everything is on the timer when not many of our players can play, and the only way we push it out of that is to either A) catch them with their pants down and delay raid mobs for hours with a small task force(not always possible/viable) or B) have 20 people stay up for 5 hours past the time they'd normally go to sleep(not always possible/viable, and no one wants to do this for the fourth time when every single time the server has coincidentally reset the next day)
Last edited by Num1RecommendedByDentists; 04-26-2013 at 03:58 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 04:00 AM
Large Bat

Who quit?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Fire Giant

We need some fresh ideas; repeating the past isn't going to do the server much good. What if the guilds switched leadership for a few weeks? Azrael leader/officers lead Nihilum, and vice versa. Would help alleviate aforementioned burnout, and provide all involved with new perspectives on things.

Another idea could be instating like a "GM for a day" program.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie Blossom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need some fresh ideas; repeating the past isn't going to do the server much good. What if the guilds switched leadership for a few weeks? Azrael leader/officers lead Nihilum, and vice versa. Would help alleviate aforementioned burnout, and provide all involved with new perspectives on things.

Another idea could be instating like a "GM for a day" program.
lolol
Closed Thread