Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Aviak

Karnors castle seems to be a busy place, not the best exp but lots of groups. I think the hole has less groups but better exp. Might want to try the hole durring prime hours of the day. Also get into a guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-22-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Hole ent > CoM 3rd floor solo/duo > HS/Seb.

I skipped KC on my Enc. That's where the peon's hang out.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

I did aviaks in Timorous Deep in late 40s up to about 51 as an Enchanter. If there isn't a druid quadding there, the exp is very fine.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to point out that KC isn't necessarily a universally bad experience, if you take a few precautions:

1. Don't go there during primetime

2. Don't stay at low level camps too late, and don't join groups with people at those camps who are too high (Grouping with 58's in LCY at 51 gobbles your xp)

3. Don't join shitty groups. Is the group comp 2 bards, a warrior, 2 shamans, and a druid? Did you join a group with an enchanter who doesn't charm and a puller who spends a couple mins afk in camp between pulls? Don't be afraid to say "My wife's friend's dog needs to go to the emergency room sorry gotta go" if it has only been a few mins and you realize the group is shit, and grab a replacement if you can.

KC has many of the benefits in CoM in that it is safe, steady XP. There aren't a lot of spellcasting mobs or horrific pulls. You typically don't have to waste a ton of time building a group, looking for replacements, or going on CR's. If you only have 45 minutes to an hour of playtime, there's a good chance you can get a quick session in.

When I hear people bitch about KC all I really see is someone who doesn't know how to adapt or properly manage their interactions with other players. In my experience, a good basement group with access to sufficient mobs (not primetime-packed KC) is almost as good as Seb, and far safer. Obviously, too many people go to KC and fuck themselves out of better exp and loot elsewhere, but there are still reasons to go to KC
Last edited by Lune; 02-27-2019 at 11:50 AM..
Old 02-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Banned

Go to KC until you get the VP key piece then GTFO.
Old 02-28-2019, 04:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

chanters arent really a soloing class. what you want to do is put a few druid/rangers on your friend list(need ensnare for your pet) and you can duo VERY easily pretty much anywhere that you don't hear "you will not evade me dead_enchanter_01" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] druids can also buff you and heal you, but if done right you shouldn't need heals at all. not sure if this game has mosquito boots yet, but if it exists, you NEED it... it's an absolute requirement for xp grind. might want to work on your snake stick. it'll save a spell slot and alot of mana over time when you grind.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

CoM 2nd/3rd floor are easily one of the best places for you at that lvl. Ran that up to 54/56 and it was still some of the most solid xp you could get solo/duo. If you get a group going, the Hole is amazing, can be a good idea for that one to just start up your own group. As an enchanter, vital piece, you shouldn't have too much issue.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(inb4 loramin)
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As everyone is expecting me to say ... check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) for lots of ideas of places to hunt.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread