Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said before, 1k Kunark pre 2013 was short lived. By the time IB RMT'd off the server in 2011, the pop was around 600 and dipped as low as 450 in 2012. (40k fungi tunics, thanks Jeremy, 4k FBSS's)

Server was 1200+ in 2015/mid-late 2014 long before Velious was announced, with Kunark dragging on and on into its 4th year and beyond.

So I'm not sure what you attribute the pop growth to if it wasn't the epic trust-busting.

Little guilds used to suffer unbelievable turnover. Full circle, Asgard, The A Team, Flawless Victory, Acyrid. You can only do so many nights clearing planar trash and getting monks/shamans their epics, and these guilds would bleed members. Some would get geared and move on to TMO, many just quit. I did. Many of my friends did. Today we have over twice as many 'serious' guilds, and they all get mobs. There is more content available to a higher number of people once you get 50+.

But you must have a more plausible explanation for the higher pop, right?

I'll go ahead and quote scripture again:

I mean, Rogean must be crazy right? Things were pretty good before, weren't they? I wonder why they did anything at all.
You list alot of statistics none of which correlate. Good Job!
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are the people that would poopsock rage fire as a guild, but never will even bother stepping foot in vp. It's no use.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not crying. I'm happy you scumbags are happy to sit around 16 hours with 30 of your closest friends. It's just not fun. Hope it is for you though!
Seriously man? Seriously?

Your guild did this for five fucking years, straight. Who the fuck permafarms Kunark for four and a half years; especially knowing the gear is total garbage once Velious releases?

Oh, that's right....people who're selling their Trak BPs and VP loot rights then using the plat to supply RMTers, thats who!
Old 05-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously man? Seriously?

Your guild did this for five fucking years, straight. Who the fuck permafarms Kunark for four and a half years; especially knowing the gear is total garbage once Velious releases?

Oh, that's right....people who're selling their Trak BPs and VP loot rights then using the plat to supply RMTers, thats who!
I lol'd
Old 05-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

So the staff bans lots of "big money" accounts, TMO disbands, and suddenly PlatLord's website has no stock of RMT plat.

Coincidence? You'll have to decide for yourselves!!!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said before, 1k Kunark pre 2013 was short lived. By the time IB RMT'd off the server in 2011, the pop was around 600 and dipped as low as 450 in 2012.

Server was 1200+ in 2015/mid-late 2014 long before Velious was announced, with Kunark dragging on and on into its 4th year and beyond.

So I'm not sure what you attribute the pop growth to if it wasn't the epic trust-busting.

But you must have a more plausible explanation for the higher pop, right?
QFT... It seems like peoples memories of the server pop at peak times is a bit fuzzy. Lune is spot on.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QFT... It seems like peoples memories of the server pop at peak times is a bit fuzzy. Lune is spot on.
Alarti rewrites history to fit his narrative.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdeathx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a long road to domination. Most forget that. We started with 12 guys and raided for months before we could keep up with the top guilds pre-kunark. It took a few merges along the way and lots of recruiting.
The competition was fun and road to the top is what Everquest is all about. So many skilled players to go up against is what made a game/server like this worth being the best at.

DD
See you narcissists don't realize that you're only the 5%. For the majority of people EverQuest brings back memories of exploring a vast fantasy world and being part of an unprecedented-at-the-time online community.

NOT the 5%'s notions of "we can dominate the server and prevent these casual plebes from getting to maybe see some or the raid encounters they missed during classic."

Its a fucking 15 year old, EMULATED, version of an MMO yet you still can't be bothered to share the content with anyone else. You claim the server isnt srsbusiness to you yet you farm Kunark for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS.

And if the GMs hadn't changed the raid system you would have permakilled LITERALLY every raid mob in those almost 5 years. Hell looking at the TMO page right now your guild still took about 75% of all raid mobs.

There's little to no actual skill involved in classic ever quest anymore. Again, the games 15 years old and the mobs have been killed LITERALLY tens of thousands of times.

TLDR: Your guild was 5% of the server and consuming 75+% of its endgame content, and you have the audacity to call other people "entitled?" Please.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See you narcissists don't realize that you're only the 5%. For the majority of people EverQuest brings back memories of exploring a vast fantasy world and being part of an unprecedented-at-the-time online community.

NOT the 5%'s notions of "we can dominate the server and prevent these casual plebes from getting to maybe see some or the raid encounters they missed during classic."

Its a fucking 15 year old, EMULATED, version of an MMO yet you still can't be bothered to share the content with anyone else. You claim the server isnt srsbusiness to you yet you farm Kunark for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS.

And if the GMs hadn't changed the raid system you would have permakilled LITERALLY every raid mob in those almost 5 years. Hell looking at the TMO page right now your guild still took about 75% of all raid mobs.

There's little to no actual skill involved in classic ever quest anymore. Again, the games 15 years old and the mobs have been killed LITERALLY tens of thousands of times.

TLDR: Your guild was 5% of the server and consuming 75+% of its endgame content, and you have the audacity to call other people "entitled?" Please.
Starting a petition to change the raid rules again. PoSky is not open for everyone. On live Splack/Gurgel(on Fennin Ro) used to run weekend PoSky raids and there were other people who ran raids on planes and other targets. The unguilded Casuals DEMAND the right to raid PoSky so as of now we will be forming a union to raid sky whenever we have the numbers and see mobs up. These raids will be open to everyone and will usually take place on the weekends. All loot will be rolled upon by usable classes. We will kill all mobs we are capable of killing.

The casual unguilded have spoken!

Look for the petition on Change.org later this week.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

No but seriously thinking about doing open raids on PoSky and other planes anytime I see them open and spawned.

Figured all the crying about the content while still saying its 15yrs old this thread would be a good place to post.

And no im not talking about TMO running around unguilded stepping on peoples toes I am referring to exactly what your crying about. A chance for anyone guilded or unguilded to see content they want to see. See unlike alot of the people I see on the forums crying and fighting I didnt start playing this game to see end game. I started playing it for the nostalgic value and the chance to catch up with old friends I made before and the chance to meet people I would never meet whether it was demographical or geographical otherwise. Just so happens that out of the communities I am a part of and spend time talking to that TMO was the one I found that played a game I wanted to play again.

The raid scene hasnt improved nearly as much as alot of you claim. The only difference is instead of 1 guild stepping on people you have numerous all crying foul anytime someone else does to them what they do to others. Look at all the raid suspensions and the ones that get cancelled out due to another infraction. Things havent improved nearly as much as you claim. Except that now you get to do to others what was once done to you.
Closed Thread