Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
top 6 people must be at camp.
Same problem exists, but it pushes it back to #6. You're still churning tons of people who aren't there to get someone in the #6 slot who is there. There is no way to show the exclusivity of the #6 spot other than the list itself - you don't need to be kill a mob (that only you kill) or anything like that.

Who notifies #8 that #7 didn't show and #8 is supposed to move into the #6 slot? No incentive from 1-5, and #8 isn't sure who to ask.

You're putting in a physical presence test with no one to enforce. Does #8 need to be present to ensure if #7 isn't there that #8 will move into the #6 slot when it vacates?

If #6 leaves, does #7 need to be immediately on? Does he has 2 minutes? 20 minutes? 1 hour?

Then you're making it 7-8+ people need to be at camp, not just 6.

This solution just opens up more problems.

Solution: Keep your silly 100+ list, or have a hard-coded enforced list with AFK checks exactly like legacy items. No elf-litigation or Rube Goldberg'esque mechanics needed.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 08-05-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Honestly, I think you make excellent points. You don't really need the hyperbole and vitriol of your first pages of posts though...

I think you'd be surprised how difficult it would be for you to get on that camp if it was a complete free for all. You'd spend a lot more time trying to figure out the nuances of that than this .. and wasting way more needless time. The list gives at least a semblance of transparency and a chance for you to camp it - not just be locked into buying MQs in perpetuity
Old 08-05-2020, 10:48 AM
Aviak

It's incredible that I've been playing p99 since before blue released kunark, yet I have people who I don't know from a hole in the wall telling me - over and over again - what my p99 experience would be if it were exactly like it always was.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Aviak

Imagine relying on a locked list to be accurate and fair.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Kobold

"The list is horrible! Worst thing to ever happen!"
*Everyone at camp continues to use list*
Old 08-05-2020, 11:54 AM
Aviak

Is that a veiled dare to just start competing for FTE on the spawn instead?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Kobold

CSR gonna love that. Again, I don't care. I just provide tools for what people already doing.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Aviak

This thread has been a vivid display of why your tool has enabled morbidly unclassic gatekeeping of a common item from the common player... which is not 'what people were already doing.' I doubt you personally had bad intentions with this list but sometimes things just don't work out.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:20 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread has been a vivid display of why your tool has enabled morbidly unclassic gatekeeping of a common item from the common player... which is not 'what people were already doing.' I doubt you personally had bad intentions with this list but sometimes things just don't work out.
Worked just fine for me and hundreds of other players.

Maybe you shouldn't have fallen asleep, or had just followed the rules of the list. Nevertheless you should be near the top of the list by now.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same problem exists, but it pushes it back to #6. You're still churning tons of people who aren't there to get someone in the #6 slot who is there. There is no way to show the exclusivity of the #6 spot other than the list itself - you don't need to be kill a mob (that only you kill) or anything like that.

Who notifies #8 that #7 didn't show and #8 is supposed to move into the #6 slot? No incentive from 1-5, and #8 isn't sure who to ask.

You're putting in a physical presence test with no one to enforce. Does #8 need to be present to ensure if #7 isn't there that #8 will move into the #6 slot when it vacates?

If #6 leaves, does #7 need to be immediately on? Does he has 2 minutes? 20 minutes? 1 hour?

Then you're making it 7-8+ people need to be at camp, not just 6.

This solution just opens up more problems.

Solution: Keep your silly 100+ list, or have a hard-coded enforced list with AFK checks exactly like legacy items. No elf-litigation or Rube Goldberg'esque mechanics needed.
Again I'd like to reiterate that the problem that I see is not "needing to be in the zone to remain on the list" .. go ahead and ask to join the list from mistmoore for all I care. The problem is being able to check in on what's happening in the Ocean of Tears ... without even being logged on to EQ - without even being at your PC, actually.

If jboots are a priority to you, and it's not just about cycling yourself through a list that you only have to pay attention to once a week in order to price-gouge people on MQ's, then log your ass on and check in to see if your turn is up soon. If you're #10 but your EQ time for the day is up because your wife says it's time to stop ignoring her, then that's just too bad! You don't get to check your phone while watching Grey's Anatomy and plot out exactly when to log back on in the middle of the night and snipe your AC. Sorry. What this results in is someone who actually wants jboots being told that there are 125 people ahead of them at 2:00am on a Tuesday. RIDICULOUS.
Closed Thread