Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't really how you describe it, where Seal Team is just being a dick.
No, pretty sure that it's still a dick move.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, pretty sure that it's still a dick move.
I don't think so. I don't believe it is realistic to expect the other guilds to abide by the "Do not wake Sleeper" rule. Everybody wants a shot at Sleeper, it is one of the coolest events in EQ. Without Dev intervention, waking Sleeper is not a guild specific endeavor. If Seal Team doesn't do it, someone else will.

Just being realistic. Blue would still have Warder loot if the P99 community could resist the temptation to wake Sleeper.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-22-2021 at 04:25 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think so. I don't believe it is realistic to expect the other guilds to abide by the "Do not wake Sleeper" rule. Everybody wants a shot at Sleeper, it is one of the coolest events in EQ. Without Dev intervention, waking Sleeper is not a guild specific endeavor. If Seal Team doesn't do it, someone else will.

Just being realistic. Blue would still have Warder loot if the P99 community could resist the temptation to wake Sleeper.
"If I didn't murder the guy and take all his money, someone else would have" ... does not make for either a good legal or moral defense.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Making the sleeper wake-able was a really dumb decision. Imagine giving players the ability to permanently delete 4 pieces of raid content on a time-locked server.
Old 09-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"If I didn't murder the guy and take all his money, someone else would have" ... does not make for either a good legal or moral defense.
That is a huge false equivalency lol. Last time I checked, waking Sleeper isn't a crime, and the P99 UN isn't an actual Government with any real power.

This is a game, and waking Sleeper is an actual feature players can use. It isn't a bug or an exploit.

Also, murdering people and taking their money is basically the main mechanic of this game, so not even a great false equivalency.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-22-2021 at 04:38 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That is a huge false equivalency lol. Last time I checked, waking Sleeper isn't a crime, and the P99 UN isn't an actual Government with any real power.

This is a game, and waking Sleeper is an actual feature players can use. It isn't a bug or an exploit.

Also, murdering people and taking their money is basically the main mechanic of this game, so not even a great false equivalency.
No one ever said it was a crime. What I wrote was:
Quote:
that it's still a dick move.
And it still is ... regardless of your weak logic that it's ok to be a dick as long as some hypothetical future person will also be a dick. It was a dick move when Rampage did it, and it will be a dick move if and when any Green guild does it.

Old 09-22-2021, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No one ever said it was a crime. What I wrote was:

And it still is ... regardless of your weak logic that it's ok to be a dick as long as some hypothetical future person will also be a dick. It was a dick move when Rampage did it, and it will be a dick move if and when any Green guild does it.
The only odd logic here is why using a feature literally put into the game by it's creators is a "dick move". It isn't a bug, it isn't an exploit, and the Dev's are not telling players to "Not wake Sleeper or else". If you don't like Everquest, play a different game.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The only odd logic here is why using a feature literally put into the game by it's creators is a "dick move". It isn't a bug, it isn't an exploit, and the Dev's are not telling players to "Not wake Sleeper or else". If you don't like Everquest, play a different game.
So your logic amounts to "if it's possible to do in a game, in can never be a dick move"?

Because, again, that's some pretty weak logic you have going there. I can think of lots of things in EQ alone (ignoring every other game in existence) that the game lets me do ... but if I do them (eg. if I KS someone) I'll still be a dick for doing so.

Last edited by loramin; 09-22-2021 at 05:04 PM..
Old 09-22-2021, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So your logic amounts to "if it's possible to do in a game, in can never be a dick move"? Because, again, that's some pretty weak logic you have going there.
No, that is a pretty drastic misrepresentation of my argument, yet again[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In P99, there are things you can do in the game mechanic-wise that are valid (such as kill stealing a mob). However, we have rules against it, because we recognize that as "being a dick".

The Dev's have not made any rules against killing the Sleeper, and the Sleeper is working as it was originally intended. Last time I checked, "Classic Everquest" is the subtitle of this very forum lol.

So in it's current state, unless the Dev's change their stance on it, waking the Sleeper is a normal game mechanic, no different than other raid targets. It is also working as intended, in it's classic state.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you don't got warder loot, consider yellow.
Closed Thread