Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark
Luclin
Planes of Power
Omens of War
Depths of Darkhallow

I know Velious gets a lot of love around here but it's pretty mediocre IMO, it's mostly just raiding content and the raiding content isn't really that great. Ring quests, and Shawl quests were really cool additions but they weren't enough to make it a good expansion. If I want an expansion focused on raiding PoP was way better.
Oow/dod was the peak of live raiding imo. Demi separated the great from the elite and anguish was just a masterfully designed zone.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But like ravager I think vanilla + very slowly adding content to fill in the default norrath would have been way better. I like when monks had to be the worst race (humans) and had basically no items. Truly an austere class.

The way each expansion obsolete content from previous versions of the game makes me prefer vanilla when every item had a good place. When fine steel was a real weapon people used instead of like a 25pp 1/2 ratio weapon from kunark or velious or whatever.
I concur.

Build me a server with only vanilla.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 10-25-2021, 11:51 PM
Aviak

From memory most fun to least my opinion:

Kunark- best "exploration" expansion and came at the perfect time.
PoP (access to PoK probably should have had a modest level requirement)
LDoN (before a series of severe nerfs killed enthusiasm)- Early on was lots of fun for random pickup groups and organized long term parties alike.
LoY (Simple fun times, this from a guy who had a maxed troll shaman who never accepted Froglok characters & Grobb change)
Velious (Rep grind and chaining together zones hurts),
honorable mention: Any of the major updates that added zones and new places to explore that filled in the original game map, such as Stonebrunt. This was bite-sized content that casual players could enjoy.

Luclin other than AA, QoL changes and to some extent the Bazaar never clicked to me. Too wierd, too many places that looked the same with questionable mob AI and pathfinding and wayyy too damn many cat beastlords complaining constantly.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vex thal wasnt fun when it came out, its like 11 hour clear without coth bots and waaay tooo much trash.
Not all of the raids in Luclin were great, although I think SSRA is better than any Velious raid. Raids aren't what made Luclin better than Velious though IMO, it was all the other content that came with Luclin that you didn't really get in Velious.

If I wanted an expansion focused on raiding PoP is just better in every way compared to Velious. PoP had a sense of progression with it's flagging system that really made raiding more interesting. The fights also weren't all generic tank and spanks like what almost every fight in Velious is. Plus going into each gods realm to fight them felt really good thematically, ToV on the other hand just doesn't fit thematically and the zone is pretty generic, as far as dragon's lair type zones go, VP and SolB are infinitely better than ToV.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vex thal wasnt fun when it came out, its like 11 hour clear without coth bots and waaay tooo much trash.
Way too much trash for sure
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 10-26-2021, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

1. PoP (unquestionably the best expansion)
2. GoD
3. Luclin
4. Kunark
5. Vanilla

Velious is completely overrated. Anybody who says nOThInG aFTeR vELIoUs has no idea what they’re talking about whatsoever.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

People saying Velious has nothing but faction grinds and raids is also wrong about the expansion though.

Loads of great 30-45 content ... it’s just no one is interested in actually playing Everquest (they wanna join the queue for pixels to dress up their dolly as fast as possible).
Old 10-26-2021, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Gates of Discord was without a doubt the best xpac introduced, really separated the riffraff from people who could actually play.

Good times.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gates of Discord was without a doubt the best xpac introduced, really separated the riffraff from people who could actually play.

Good times.
Found the no-hit dark souls twitch streamer.
Old 10-26-2021, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

TLP Gates has been literally so much fun. DPS races for the open world goats that spawn every 2-3 hours to collect muramite armor pieces has been awesome. I’ve never seen a cleaner open world target contesting in my life.

Zun’Muram, Cynoshure, Bloodfeaster, and Tunat are incredibly fun fights.
Closed Thread