Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Default Severe Post-Maintenance Connection Issues

Just wonder if anybody else is suffering some of the same issues I have been encountering on a daily basis since the servers were moved and updated a few weeks ago. My ping went up a good 30ms due to the location change, but some of these other issues are making logging in extremely frustrating. I can ping project1999.org and get a solid 90ms with no timeouts, but my ping sits above 115 now in game.

Some of the issues I know see:

- Random 3 minute zone times, sometimes indefinitely loading until I force quit the client. This usually results in a long 1018 error until the character is booted from zoning.

- Timeouts when logging in from the login screen.

- Server list not displaying

- Upon loading into the game, I am told my spellfiles are outdated, and have to relogin.

- Unknown errors when trying to connect to a server from the server list. Usually requires a full client restart to fix.

This is not just a once a day thing or something that happens occasionally, but rather something that happens almost every time I try to log in game, and recently happening on 60% of my zones in the past week. This is all aside from DDoS which was making things worse for everybody.

Just curious if anybody has these issues and if anybody has found any way to alleviate some of these problems.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 11-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Banned

Exact same issues. I have experienced every single one of these since the maintenance. I have talked to many others who are in the same boat
Old 11-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Kobold

Yes, lots of us having those issues since their last patch. There hasn't been any official acknowledgement of a problem to date.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Kobold

Agree I have had those issues as well, thought it had to do with the ddos. I can no longer log into the kunark server with my 4g connection, no problem with pvp server.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Mine started out of no where on 11-15-13
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Kobold

I'm having the exact same random issues all of a sudden.
It's never the same issue twice when logging in.

Seems like it's worse when more are logged on. .
Old 12-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Sarnak

This has happened before with the server, it seems to be a problem based on client location in relation to the server. My dad and I live separately, probably about 50 miles apart from each other. Right after the server was relocated the last time we began having issues with this for quite a while. Same exact issues, except we also dropped on zoning about 50% of the time, 40% of the time we would get a 3min load, and 10% it would work as intended. It seemed like the only ones in guild that had the issue were also from Western PA / Eastern Ohio. Different internet providers didn't matter either.

Food for thought, sorry this doesn't help you guys but the issue just seemed to clear itself up randomly. It may have coincided with a server reset, but I'm not entirely positive.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you guys need to do a ping test to find out where the trouble is and then report it, but I don't know the server location... anyone got it?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Aviak

I have all the same issues. It never happened before the server relocation, and is entirely independent of ping.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

Default +1

Same symptoms. Obviously being experienced by the entire community. Personally to the point of being unplayable unless u plan on staying in one zone on one char for a playing session... If you can battle thru the 10 logins to log on. I'm assuming this is the defense to DDoS. Still an Improvement over that shit, but... frustrated, annoyed, and i'll see you all next weekend.