Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Monk pulls were in demand because they could add to the size of the train as needed. Pet pulls were much simpler and didn't have the ability to customize, but were a ton safer.

Zen
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Only good monks pulled chardok, scrubs died horribly everytime they try it. Is why you hardly saw monks doing it.

I leveled Henrique at chardok from 42 to 60. And before that i did like 33-40 in Droga so i could have the faction for it.

Chardok AOE group was amazing, sadly because some retards RMT'ed so much in that zone the GM's took it away. =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:55 PM
Kobold

used to have a cell phone recorded video of chardok pull. it's probably still on my old pc. could check this weekend.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Bassman has hooked me up with an old Haggard Krew video that shows some Chardok AE action with the perspective of the monk pull via bind sight song followed by the AE itself. Huge thanks to everyone who has commented on this thread, great info here. Exactly what I was looking for.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:49 AM
Kobold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWspRL72CAk

Video of monk pulling it in action
Old 04-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Something to maybe touch on was if an EXP group showed up, they had the right to stop the pulling (so legend has it according to server rules), since Chardok AoE qualified as zone disruption by pulling so many mobs.

I know I showed up with a shaman to camp my pipe and the puller offered me a free MQ of it if I would go away (which I respectfully declined), at which point he offered to pay me 5k + the free MQ (which I also respectfully declined). There was a lot of money in that AoE.

In the end I said I wouldn't disrupt them if they let me wait FD and loot the pipe myself. After like 5 hrs and no pipe I caved and accepted the MQ.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only good monks pulled chardok, scrubs died horribly everytime they try it. Is why you hardly saw monks doing it.

I leveled Henrique at chardok from 42 to 60. And before that i did like 33-40 in Droga so i could have the faction for it.

Chardok AOE group was amazing, sadly because some retards RMT'ed so much in that zone the GM's took it away. =(
And it was removed cuz of guys like this. Aftermath and Awakened PLing literal armies of toons so they can have full raid forces parked in multiple locations.

Also a lot of BBBBIIIIGGGGGG time RMT $$$$$ was laundered through there behind the guise of "paying for pulls."
Old 04-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then we’d make our own ae group for xp. Again, fuck selling, ruined everything. So glad skyfire was about 30% more xp/hour and absolutely pure. Zero economics.
Funny that you think there were zero economics at play. You were on the extreme fast road to 60 thus getting you to the level where you could easily camp things and still inflate the economy. A lot probably just went to OOT after this with their newly 60 chars and went nuts there. It definitely had an effect whether or not you thought so or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it was removed cuz of guys like this. Aftermath and Awakened PLing literal armies of toons so they can have full raid forces parked in multiple locations.

Also a lot of BBBBIIIIGGGGGG time RMT $$$$$ was laundered through there behind the guise of "paying for pulls."
People complained about A/A sucking up all the AE groups, but there were plenty of casuals doing it too. That was the beauty of it, any person could come in and join in on the fun, you didn't have to be in a nice guild, you just had to pick the right class to do it. If anything, it helped casuals because it gave us a chance to make good money when we weren't playing the heavy hours to try and acquire the nicer things by other means.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

May have been posted and I missed it, but this is an excellent video of an excellent monk doing this pull flawlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWspRL72CAk
Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Aviak

Chardok AE was the only fun thing left in this world for me and they took it away.
Closed Thread