Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Item to help me see at night?

I made a human ranger and I realized running around qeynos hills that I can't see what's going on at night. What's a good item to get that would help me see at night? I'm mostly naked so any item slot is fine. I see that I get a self buff at 30 but would like something I can use until I get that high level!
Old 06-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Fire beetle eye
Old 06-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Kobold

In Qeynos area I’d recommend a Greater Lightstone off of the glowing blue wisps. Note that you’ll need a magic weapon to damage them. Ask in /ooc if anyone can spare a Lightstone or Greater Lightstone and I’m sure someone will help you out.

A way to “cheat the system” is to hit ALT+O to open the options window, and under Display, set your Gamma higher. Everything will look washed out, but you’ll be able to see.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fire beetle eye
I'm holding a torch right now. Would a fire beetle eye be better than that? Torch helps me see what's right around me but can't see very far still.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Kobold

For seeing further, you’ll need an item that gives Infravision. The most accessible item with that is probably a Glowing Stone Band (ring) that can be bought from players for ~5-10pp. But You won’t be traveling to East Commonlands for quite some time.

For the quick fix to make the game more playable, I’d recommend adjusting your gamma.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For seeing further, you’ll need an item that gives Infravision. The most accessible item with that is probably a Glowing Stone Band (ring) that can be bought from players for ~5-10pp. But You won’t be traveling to East Commonlands for quite some time.
This.

I know everyone says the Titanium client isn't as bad when it comes to non-infravision toons, and I believe them. But I felt lucky when I was able to snag one in east commons, and it makes a difference to my tired eyes.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's a good item to get that would help me see at night?
I bet these https://www.amazon.com/Superior-Tact...s%2C533&sr=8-7 would totally rock.

But yeah a Fire Beetle Eye or Lightstone is probably your best bet.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Create a half elf Ranger. That was my first mistake in 99 was making a human Ranger. I got him to 54 but yea the whole night thing was a pain in the ass. Takes a lot to get used to. I got a light stone and found that was the best. But corpse runs at night blow. Minor inconvience for sure but doable.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm holding a torch right now. Would a fire beetle eye be better than that? Torch helps me see what's right around me but can't see very far still.
Greater lightstone is the way to go until you get good gear later on that will grant you better vision in the dark. You're still also going to need a fire beetle eye for your immolate fire dot spell line.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Globe_o...rburning_Flame

I put it in the main inventory of all of my characters. It is the best way to stand out.