Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Default How long do you think until fear impacts prices?

Title, but how long do you all think it'll take for fear to have an impact on prices now that players can no longer claim best in slot? I am thinking items such as ykesha, mith 2h, armor pieces such as mithril vambs and greaves, dark mail gauntlets, dwarven work books, GEBs, and I am sure much more.... all of these items now have better versions dropping every day. I cant imagine ykeshas and mith 2hs are worth anywhere near 15 to 20k with items that are WAY better dropping in fear...
Old 02-10-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it will impact prices immediately of course. Think about kubark launch when Yaks become vendor items.

Sad days. Vanilla is the best.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

On Blue prices of things other than words stayed relatively stable up until Kunark, planes release didn’t really affect pricing much (aside from maybe Sky). Given that pricing has for the most part mirrored Blue so far, I’d expect more or less the same outcome. Planes stuff is mostly no-drop, and does it even have superior items over things like gebs, YaK, fbss? (*i don’t believe these items are replaced BiS in fear/hate aside from dragon/god/miniboss loot, if they are please link the items).

I could see mithril armor coming down though.
Last edited by WaffleztheAndal; 02-10-2020 at 12:59 PM..
Old 02-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Also I'd imagine the over abundance of high level words/runes/research items should drop spell prices too. No more of this 8-12K a spell nonsense
Old 02-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Theres a tradable 11/24 warrior 1hs with a dot proc that shits all over ykesha. Other classes get better 1hs as well. Mith 2hander gets replaced by a few weapons as well. Not sure why no drop matters as the argument for the high price is that they are best in slot. Ssoy is only BiS at 37+ so the price point is for 9 levels? I never mentioned FBSS I think that will hold value. But I can't comment what happened on blue as i didnt see it happen.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

It would actually increase the price for ykesha because people would want to hit 46 faster with it to get to the planes and by now people have more plat to go around. Blood fire is on CT with a 7 day spawn and don't drop it every single time so we can probably see one drop every month if we're lucky and it's warrior only unlike ykesha with 6 classes that can use.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Most of the stuff dropping in Fear isn't actually that great, stats wise, aside from select drops from high value targets (CT / Draco) which have a long respawn.

I don't expect the items you listed will be affected by Fear drops anytime soon.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:04 PM
Kobold

I'll take the 7 day respawning argument but roflmao at the argument to increase price. Holyyyy
Old 02-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Reed Belts will be dropping in price slightly bc of new belt options for priests

SMR also not as 'BIS-y' with planar robes, esp since the Class Robes are dropping

#NOTCLASSIC
Old 02-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

More curious about gems. I was pretty sure jac's black saph's and fire opals dropped off fear trash in classic. I am curious if they are dropping in fear or not, hopefully will make the black saph jewelry more abundant and in return cheaper.
Closed Thread