Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riptoes was a high RA magician in AM, and he was one of the biggest trackers in AM at the time he got booted IIRC.

I actually think personality wise Riptoes and Furoar are very similar, both hot headed players that track a ton and hate to get beat.

I don't think that Furoar deserved to be perma banned, but I agree with what Kittens said in UN the other day. No one can really trust that Freedom will play by the rules after what Furoar did if they allow him to remain the guild leader.

I don't think most guilds trusted Freedom already, but after Furoar deliberately lied to the GM's about this I'm sure they won't trust him much in the future.
My argument to this is that people felt that way about Freedom because of Detoxx, not Furoar. Most of the RnF hate before this ordeal was almost entirely about Detoxx. Furthermore, It's not like Furoar told the guild to train them. OR suggested that we do anything against the rules. He quietly did it by himself.

I'd say most of the discontent about freedom came from people's stance on Detoxx. Because he has a REPUTATION of being an evil guild leader.

IDK, from my side it feels like we're quick to concede when we fuck up. Also, if we didn't play by the rules, you would be suggesting that AG knows about this, and doesn't care. As we raid together for almost every big target the last 4-5 months.

I really can't think of one time in the last 3-4 years of raiding with AM/Ghxst/Freedom where we intentionally broke the rules. SO I don't think it's fair to say that you're going to assume AG/F Will not play by the rules from now moving forward.... as most guilds did not already trust us due to their opinion on Detoxx. And I know Azure Guard's leadership would never be on board with intentionally breaking rules.

I guess I can't comment further on Riptoes, I thought the guy played a cleric.

@ Nexii, Yes, you are GM, Siryado does this, what's your ruling.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I really can't think of one time in the last 3-4 years of raiding with AM/Ghxst/Freedom where we intentionally broke the rules
Uhhh, dude your guild leader just intentionally broke the rules, that's literally what this whole post is about lol.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhhh, dude your guild leader just intentionally broke the rules, that's literally what this whole post is about lol.
lmao, but that was an individual action, not a guild decision/call/strategy. I'm saying, i can't remember one time where a raid leader suggested seriously that we break rules.

Also, fur has been under a microscope for over a year and a half now. If he was constantly breaking rules, it would have came to light. The guy broke the rules and got caught like hours later. My point is, I don't think there is a risk for a second offense.

Would YOU risk your accounts being perma banned in order to train Riot a second time? I sure wouldn't.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao, but that was an individual action, not a guild decision/call/strategy. I'm saying, i can't remember one time where a raid leader suggested seriously that we break rules.

Also, fur has been under a microscope for over a year and a half now. If he was constantly breaking rules, it would have came to light. The guy broke the rules and got caught like hours later. My point is, I don't think there is a risk for a second offense.

Would YOU risk your accounts being perma banned in order to train Riot a second time? I sure wouldn't.
I'm sure he will use a better VPN next time.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm saying, i can't remember one time where a raid leader suggested seriously that we break rules.

You can try to perform mental gymnastics on this one all you want, but Freedom's leadership deliberately decided to intentionally train another guild using a character that was not his. You can say it was an individual action but he is a guild leader, his actions directly reflect his entire guild.

Also I'm not the best person to ask if I would train Riot a second time, because I like most normal adults wouldn't have trained them the first time.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

Siryado is before my time on P99. I started in 2015 and I didn't really raid until late 2016
Old 11-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Endonde;3220472

Also I'm not the best person to ask if I would train Riot a second time, because I like most normal adults wouldn't have trained them the first time.[/QUOTE]

Caught you! Nobody enjoys eq as a normal adult!
Old 11-30-2020, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

The rules should be applied equally across the board by the staff with no regard to how involved or not involved someone is with the raid scene on the server or their level of notoriety. That is what would give credibility to a system most here would currently describe as whimsical.

This wasn't some accidental KC or Seb train. What should be considered here is that it was done with obvious malicious intent and caused countless patrons of the server to have a bad experience, and then caused the staff additional headaches trying to gather the details. One person decided his emotional vendetta was more important than the time of 100+ other players on the server, and the staff is pretty much giving him a pass with no permanent repercussions, despite the fact that he even went as far as to knowingly log into a competing guild's shared toon to try to cause additional chaos within the guild. This was not a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, etc.. warning. Literally for 10 years the staff has been saying not to do dumb shit like this. I just don't understand the logic that he should have a lesser penalty than a ban because he helps other people get raid loot. The staff constantly says they don't want people here ruining other peoples' game experience and that guild leaders are held to some higher standard, but then we have situations like this which just doesn't support it. If we're going to operate on some clandestine staff faction system, then the staff should provide a list of actions on the wiki that help raise your staff faction and actions that won't so that even non-raiders can bank some 'good karma' for when they decide to lose it on someone in Seb and train a whole group to death because they were going through hard times that night.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2020, 07:51 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread